Roosters spurs fell off

FloridaChick88

Chirping
Jul 7, 2016
As you can probably guess from the title, my 2 1/2 year old rooster has had both of his spurs fall off in the past month. He appears to be in perfect health and is not acting like he is in distress. I came outside today to find a bloody nub where his remaining spur had been. Is this normal??? Should I be worried? He’s had no recent changes in diet, not sure if that is important. He’s my sweet little love bug and I don’t want anything to happen to him.View attachment 1702828

Attachments

• F0736654-7362-49C0-99D2-5A5F8C5C1C0D.jpeg
    F0736654-7362-49C0-99D2-5A5F8C5C1C0D.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 76
i don't know if that's normal, but the first thing to do would be to try to keep his feet from getting infected...
(IMPORTANT) bring your roo inside (a house), clean off his feet, put some anti-bacterial cream on where the spurs used to be, and get a bandage around it (on both feet) to keep junk from getting in there. make sure the bandage isn't to tight; cutting off circulation would be bad. Likewise; make sure he can't peck or pull off the bandage!

just do that stuff and wait for it to heal, he should grow his spurs back i think.

Back
Top Bottom