Rooster question regarding Pinless Peepers

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
There is a surprise Rooster who we have decided to keep but I have a few questions about him,
1. He will jump at people with his talons out but not showing major signs of aggression. He's has had contact with us only a few times and have some questions on whether or not we can break him of this. My first reflex would be to kick him. That is what I did with another rooster but I am aware this doesn't work every time.

2. I have researched Pinless Peepers and am wondering if they will help with aggression towards hens, will they help with aggression towards us?

3. I have never punched Pinless Peepers but have heard good things about them on here. I was alway a bit concerned about how they go into the chickens nostrils. Wouldn't that cause a problem, can the chicken still breath? If they will help I would be willing to try them, but I wouldn't want to hurt him.
I wish I had more control on the situation but he's not my rooster, I am posting this for a friend. I the was my rooster, I would just stew pot him if kicking didn't work, but they have become attached to him. I am sure they will get rid of him if he continues to be aggressive, but they really love him so they would do anything before that. Thanks in advance for the help, Avery

I know there were better ways that this could have been handled when they were chicks, but he was a surprise, if we would wise hav know he was a he we would have handled him more! My friends don't think he is that bad, they said, " oh he just jumps at us, thats it" which isn't good, I tried to tell them. But then they said " He only made contact with us a few times" I want to try to find a way to break him of aggression. But I will certainly tell them that he is bad aggression wise. Thanks, what about the Pinless Peepers. I wish that we could have done some thing about it when he was young!:barnie:p Thanks again, I just want to help them out! Avery

Sorry but if a rooster was coming at me or his owners with his spurs, he would be gone.
I know, that is what I would do, but my friends want to do more research before doing that. I know they will deal with it, in a soup pot if necessary, but I though I'de see if there was another way. Thanks, Avery :) Stupid, Rooster!

Speaking as you are as a third party, I just helped my neighbor and strongly encouraged to cull her two Cockerels. They, not only abused their Hens and pullets (20 total females) and one was severely abused by both but, they came after the two kids ages 6 and 3.
Finding that poor abused Pullet was the last straw and coming after the young children was the Nail in the coffin.
End of story. Boom done!
Zero tolerance for that abusive, agressive behavior.

Back
Top Bottom