My rooster is being aggressive towards me for no apparent reason?

Exspiravit

In the Brooder
May 19, 2024
Hi so basically as the title says my rooster just started showing me some aggressive for no reason, he was completely fine I went out to feed the hens some left overs he was eating fine from me as he has before, I finish Feeding them and I get up start walking away and he charges at me? I thought no he didn't do what I think he did so I back up a little bit and he pecked my feet. First I thought it's because it's spring time so he's being more aggressive but he's the only rooster who does this I have 2 other rooster besides him and they're still really sweet.

He's one year old he is a fighting breed so I'm more scared of him than I would be with my other rooster. Like this dude is massive compared to one of my other rooster much more power and speed. He's the last rooster I wanted turn aggressive so, I really socialized with him when he was young and he was so sweet. I'm just worried, I don't want things to escalate I wanna mend the relationship if I have broken it somehow.

If anyone knows the reason behind this behaviour pls help me and if you need anymore information I'll be happy to share it.

you said he’s one year old: his hormones have probably kicked in. Good luck with him. I have never been successful at changing the behaviors of an aggressive rooster.

😔 not my boy. That's really unfortunate the other rooster are fine I don't know why he did this and today was the first day too, I just feel like it's Gonna get worse from here on. His spurs are quite sharp too now, isn't a year too old to get getting controlled by his hormones?

Last edited:
Nope. Actually at about a year to 18 months is the age I’ve seen them go through “the change” unfortunately. Of the ones I’ve had go bad on me only one was mean right from the start-(and he didn’t even get a chance to make it to a year. He terrorized everyone including my adult hens so bad we had to cull that one at about 18 weeks old!!!)

I see I hope it doesn't come to that where we have to be rid of him. He's been a good rooster thus far to the hens and everyone, I might leave him if he doesn't go after the hens. Hoping for the best.

Thank you for you help.

I actually managed to change my roosters aggressiveness. Doesn't always work. What I do is when they bite I hit them (enough to where it hurts but doesn't damage them). Then I carry them for a while then put them in time out. Worked on two of them.

I actually managed to change my roosters aggressiveness. Doesn't always work. What I do is when they bite I hit them (enough to where it hurts but doesn't damage them). Then I carry them for a while then put them in time out. Worked on two of them.
Won't he fight back? This dude doesn't back off at all no matter how much he's hurt. I don't think I would win that fight. I'll still try it and if I don't reply and rooster replies to this thread instead you'll know who won 😮‍💨.

But seriously I'll try whatever I'm told. I really love this piece of shit

Won't he fight back? This dude doesn't back off at all no matter how much he's hurt. I don't think I would win that fight. I'll still try it and if I don't reply and rooster replies to this thread instead you'll know who won 😮‍💨.

But seriously I'll try whatever I'm told.
Maybe just raise your foot with boots on (so it doesn't hurt) and let him attack it for a while. Though my roos are silkies. So they're tiny.

Maybe just raise your foot with boots on (so it doesn't hurt) and let him attack it for a while. Though my roos are silkies. So they're tiny.
He only attacked when I was moving when I'm standing still he doesn't attack any little twitch he jumps on it. He's a big aseel rooster he's probably like 5kg or more

Back
Top Bottom