roo vs hen Barred rocks

Thank you! I’ve always wanted chickens so when it became a reality I’ve done all I can to make them happy!

They look super happy. Got a nice clean coop, and fresh clovers. They may reward you with eggs soon!

RIRs and barred rocks are champion layers.
That’s the goal! We have clover all over so we move them when they run out, or when we mow we give them the clippings!

Also, the Rhode Island red on the right in the middle picture is showing what looks to be male specific feathering. I would double check on the RIRs, too.
Oh no! Okay! I have not done research on male RIRs! I’ll try to get a better picture of them and get some answers!

I would tend to agree, #1 I need a better full body pic, but the double barring and comb on #2 is a cockerel, #3 is a pullet.
Here are some hopefully better full body pictures of the one in question!

Attachments

• IMG_5288.jpeg
    IMG_5288.jpeg
    774 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5285.jpeg
    IMG_5285.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 7
Hi guys! New chicken mom here and starting our little suburban homestead! We have 6 10 week old fluff butts (3 Rhode Island Reds and 3 Barred Rocks). I specifically got pullets on the Reds, but the Barred Rocks were mixed. I know I have one roo and one hen. I can’t figure out if the third one is a roo or a hen! At first we thought she was a roo, but then started thinking she was a hen. Now, at 10 weeks, I’m thinking she’s a hen? Also noticed that she has a lot of brown starting to pop out vs the other two. I have some pictures to help! The first one is the one we can’t figure out! The second pic is the roo, and the third our hen! Thank you guys! 🐓❤️
Beautiful chicks. I also have 3 of each at the same exact age! How fun. I “believe” all mine are pullets. That is a huge red comb on your barred. Can you keep him?

Beautiful chicks. I also have 3 of each at the same exact age! How fun. I “believe” all mine are pullets. That is a huge red comb on your barred. Can you keep him?
Unfortunately, no 🥺 as much as we want to, the zone of our town we are in doesn’t allow Roos. We are gunna raise him until he starts crowing, and then once he does my in laws are gunna take him! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom