Ringneck Pheasant info page *warning lots of PICS*

DSCN7957.JPG

Right now I have five adult chickens, one adult rooster, and 16 nine-week-old chicks. I usually let them free-range, but since it's been ridiculously cold, I've kept them in the coop/run for about a week.

Yesterday, there was what appears to be an adult female pheasant trying to get into the run! She was pacing back and forth along the outside. So I opened the door, and she marched right in and started eating the chicken food. The chicks were curious, but no one really bothered her, so I kept her inside the run.

She doesn't seem overly afraid of me or my dog, who sits outside the run and whines while I'm inside, and occasionally charges at the chickens inside, just to watch them freak out (bad dog!). So I'm guessing she's an escapee, although our closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away, and I don't know of anyone raising pheasants.

I think the pheasant is really cool and she showed up on my husband's birthday, so I plan to keep her, if she'll stay. Any clue what breed she is? IMG_2582.jpg IMG_2579.jpg IMG_2584.jpg IMG_2577.JPG IMG_2588.jpg

Right now I have five adult chickens, one adult rooster, and 16 nine-week-old chicks. I usually let them free-range, but since it's been ridiculously cold, I've kept them in the coop/run for about a week.

Yesterday, there was what appears to be an adult female pheasant trying to get into the run! She was pacing back and forth along the outside. So I opened the door, and she marched right in and started eating the chicken food. The chicks were curious, but no one really bothered her, so I kept her inside the run.

She doesn't seem overly afraid of me or my dog, who sits outside the run and whines while I'm inside, and occasionally charges at the chickens inside, just to watch them freak out (bad dog!). So I'm guessing she's an escapee, although our closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away, and I don't know of anyone raising pheasants.

I think the pheasant is really cool and she showed up on my husband's birthday, so I plan to keep her, if she'll stay. Any clue what breed she is? View attachment 1961242 View attachment 1961245 View attachment 1961246 View attachment 1961247 View attachment 1961249
I’m not exactly sure and I might be wrong as well but she might be a piebald yellow or red golden golden pheasant but I’m not 100% sure

Back
Top Bottom