Returning for more advice on B3 Complex

Whitsr

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2024
I have been giving my baby runner duck (now two weeks and a few days) B3 Complex .5ml every day since last week. I don't think I've seen any progress, but I don't think it's gotten any worst. I attached the picture below. Anything else I can do? I really don't want her in pain, she's the smallest of all of them

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 5.08.27 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 5.08.22 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 5.14.00 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 5.13.24 PM.png

Hopefully giving more will do it. Also some warm swim times will help strengthen their legs and they will have a blast.
Upped the dosage and will give more swim time. Does improvement usually take a few weeks? I guess it's hard to tell, has been a couple weeks though. Just worried about the little lady

It usually depends on how long the niacin deficiency has been going on as to how long it takes to recover. If it was left to where legs bowed before treartment there is always a chance not alot can be done or feet are severely pigeoned toed but there is always hope for legs to be strengthened No matter how long the deficiency has been, [I know this doesn't pertain to you and your duckling.] But can you get a video uploaded here so we can see how your duckling is walking and standing. Sometimes it can be genetic too or even a deformity from something happening in the bator fluctuating while being incubated. How long has it been since you upped her dose?

It usually depends on how long the niacin deficiency has been going on as to how long it takes to recover. If it was left to where legs bowed before treartment there is always a chance not alot can be done or feet are severely pigeoned toed but there is always hope for legs to be strengthened No matter how long the deficiency has been, [I know this doesn't pertain to you and your duckling.] But can you get a video uploaded here so we can see how your duckling is walking and standing. Sometimes it can be genetic too or even a deformity from something happening in the bator fluctuating while being incubated. How long has it been since you upped her dose?
I will take a new video today and post it later on today. Thanks for the reply! So greatly appreciated. Let me try to really track down when I started the treatment too, I'll look at the day I ordered it.

Didn't you up her dose just last week?
Correct, so I upped it last week to 1ml. I currently give it to her in a syringe, I slightly overfill because some does get out when I give it to her - I want to make sure she gets the entire dose. I give her a bit just inside her beak - small bits at a time until it is gone.

Still on brewers yeast - have been since day 01. I'm just bummed because we knew of this before we got ducks and had the nutritional yeast from the get go.

The link below is to the two videos I took tonight. I didn't realize how bad she looked. In the group video she is the silver one in the far left corner (smaller one). She definitely wobbles the most.

Second video is just her after I gave her a dose.

My biggest concern is it won't get better, and she'll be in severe pain. I just want to do everything I possibly can.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XCbeFsZF3uP3zKh3A

Bless her heart, She was keeping up pretty well. It sure looks like a Niacin deficiency so all you can do is keep up with the 1ml dose. I'd also give her a lot of pool time to help build up her leg muscles running a long distance like she was doing may not be so good right now until her legs are stronger. I know you did that so we could see how she was walking and running. I'd def give it a few more weeks. She may always be a little pigeon toed but she looked to be getting around pretty good. They sure are adorable.

Back
Top Bottom