Question of the Day - Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Also, not to be rude if any of you have done this, but:
Please don't give your children a "tragedeigh" for a name. If you have, no offense. But don't. Emmaleigh, Kayleigh, and Faythe are just examples of what not to name a child. It's unique, yes, but it makes it harder for them in the future with misspellings going to be very common, and could cause issues if misspelled on a legal document.

I like my name, I mean I can't imagine being called anything else. I always have to say it starts with a C not a K when people are spelling it though.

My middle name is catherine
Sound like a lot of people have Catherine in their name or as their name. I know at lest 7 people named Catherine.

Whenever I came into the world my brother was 5 years older....he was in the waiting room with my grandparents and whenever the doctor asked him if he was ready to meet his lil sister Laura...he cocked his head to the side and followed the doctor out of the waiting room, Looking so confused. my mother sat him down and placed me in his arms....once again looking sideways he says*she doesn't look like a laura...she looks like a katy.*. Katy was the name of the cow in his favorite storybook. So my christian name is Laura...and my nickname Katy...truly names after a cow....thanks to my brother

Whenever I came into the world my brother was 5 years older....he was in the waiting room with my grandparents and whenever the doctor asked him if he was ready to meet his lil sister Laura...he cocked his head to the side and followed the doctor out of the waiting room, Looking so confused. my mother sat him down and placed me in his arms....once again looking sideways he says*she doesn't look like a laura...she looks like a katy.*. Katy was the name of the cow in his favorite storybook. So my christian name is Laura...and my nickname Katy...truly names after a cow....thanks to my brother
Named

No.
It's generally regarded as a very good name but everyone who compliments it forgets it two seconds later. I do like the fact that I can go by a shortened version, but I don't like my real name.
Another reason I don't like my name would be the meaning. Among christians my name has significance and I have always felt pigeonholed into a "calling" because of my name.
I don't dislike the meaning for what it is, just how everyone thinks that gives them a right to tell me my purpose.

Another reason I don't like my name would be the meaning. Among christians my name has significance and I have always felt pigeonholed into a "calling" because of my name.
I don't dislike the meaning for what it is, just how everyone thinks that gives them a right to tell me my purpose.
Ignore those people then. They don't get to pick that.

Back
Top Bottom