Quaaaaaail tiiiiiiiime!!!!

UPDATE: one chicken did not make it to hatch. The other two hatched a day early, and they both had issues because of it, but they are doing better now.

As for the quail eggs, I candled them, and while I have a few clear and a few that look a little odd, I estimate twelve to nineteen chicks will hatch. Let you know this weekend!

Just had mine hatch this last day or so. It's so fun to see what you get. If you let the celadon hatch mixed in with the rest you won't know which they are. Which only matters if you want to keep your celadon pure. Also be aware not all the celadon hens will lay blue eggs. Depends how clean the breeders lines are. You do not have bobwhite eggs there. The speckled ones are all coturnix. Just depends what hen they came from as each hen has a 'fingerprint' she lays on her eggs.

Update:started lockdown today!
You can see a pip on the celadon egg in the front!

Attachments

• C098CAEC-9AB6-49BD-A667-DE874C2B06D8.jpeg
    C098CAEC-9AB6-49BD-A667-DE874C2B06D8.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 11
I'm only on my 3rd hatch so I've not seen one hatch the wrong end. Fingers crossed for you. This bit is almost worse to wait than the last 16 days 😂

I’ve done chickens before, but this is the first hatch with quail. Meet Plato and Diogenes!

Attachments

• 0DCB6C8D-EA00-4E5D-91E7-C42783B5823B.jpeg
    0DCB6C8D-EA00-4E5D-91E7-C42783B5823B.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom