Putting a piece of Copper in water to stop Algae growth?

Quote:
Wow, See it goes to show ya can learn something new everyday!

LOL I learned about sacrificial metal watching the Deadliest Catch. Pretty cool how it works.

Quote:
It is funny that one go's to all the trouble to supply clean drinking water, chip free feed and clean grit and when you turn around they end up eating dirt, scooping water as it runs down hill through the dirt and prefers eating sand instead of the grit. Sometimes I wander why I go through all the trouble.
hmm.png

I doubt if the algae hurts them. the mosquito larva is protein for them but bad for us. Chickens probably eat any thing that won't eat them and I don't think they are very fussy about their water, although mine get clean water every day, they still drink crappy water when they find it.

Quote:
Apple cider vinegar is very healthy as it contains vitamin C and other good stuff, I wonder if mosquitos would not use it to breed in if the ph was altered to a lower level . ACV is highly acitic . Just wondering we do not have to many of those horrible insects here in the desert.

Getting back to the copper - I just put a penny in the dog's outside water dish, two pennies in the birdbath and a copper fitting in the chickens water. I guess I'll have to wait and see now. Hope it works.

which vinegar? ACV pasturized or ACV raw, unprocessed. i'm certainly not going to buy Bragg's ($$$$$), but i have seen that Heinz has gallons of unprocessed at a much lower price.

Back
Top Bottom