Proud Chicken Mom

Livndeadgurl27

In the Brooder
May 7, 2024
Hello everyone, my name is Heather. I am a proud mommy of one amazing, gentleman rooster, two unruly full grown hens, and 4 6 week old baby hen White Leghorns. I first dealt with chickens at my old job. Then my boyfriend and I decided to give it a try. I already knew about keeping them as babies because that was my job. Watching them grow has been a different experience. My rooster's name is Ash. He is very protective and gentle with his hens. I bonded with him as soon as we got him. He loved taking naps with me and went everywhere with me. After he got closer to 16 weeks is when I started to train him. He knows where he's allowed to be outside and will not go past that even if I call to him. He knows basic commands like if I pat a spot and say up, he jumps up or if I say down he jumps down. He knows his name, the word no, come, wait and the best of all this that he still naps with him. Sometimes I still have to sing him to sleep. He acts out if he needs a nap or hasn't gotten his mommy time. I have to hold him everyday and give him his kisses on the back of his neck. I'm now starting the same process with my baby girls. I have one that is bonding to me like Ash did but they all look at me as if I'm their mommy. They think they have to sleep with me in the room or on me. I have to give each one their own attention every morning. It's amazing to see the different personalities they grow into.

Hello everyone, my name is Heather. I am a proud mommy of one amazing, gentleman rooster, two unruly full grown hens, and 4 6 week old baby hen White Leghorns. I first dealt with chickens at my old job. Then my boyfriend and I decided to give it a try. I already knew about keeping them as babies because that was my job. Watching them grow has been a different experience. My rooster's name is Ash. He is very protective and gentle with his hens. I bonded with him as soon as we got him. He loved taking naps with me and went everywhere with me. After he got closer to 16 weeks is when I started to train him. He knows where he's allowed to be outside and will not go past that even if I call to him. He knows basic commands like if I pat a spot and say up, he jumps up or if I say down he jumps down. He knows his name, the word no, come, wait and the best of all this that he still naps with him. Sometimes I still have to sing him to sleep. He acts out if he needs a nap or hasn't gotten his mommy time. I have to hold him everyday and give him his kisses on the back of his neck. I'm now starting the same process with my baby girls. I have one that is bonding to me like Ash did but they all look at me as if I'm their mommy. They think they have to sleep with me in the room or on me. I have to give each one their own attention every morning. It's amazing to see the different personalities they grow into.
Welcome, I know about those unruly hens... just hoping my Roo on order turns out like yours!

Back
Top Bottom