Please Advice: LONG time between eggs hatching. Take em out?

REALLY regret doing it! I moved them over to the brooder this morning besides 4 (and the 1 still hatching), all in the brooder but 1 are dead... (that's minus 5 now)
The temp is right in brooder, all conditions like normal.
The ones I left in incubator are alive and kicking like crazy. The last one in the egg came out and is doing now also great. I'm lowering the humidity now so they can dry better and I will move them over tomorrow morning. See if they do better. You were right. Thanks for the info. I learned a (very expensive) lesson: Never give up on your chicks, they are tougher than we/I think...
But I still have 6 left over (instead off 9....)
I think there is some other reason they died. Not sure why. I move my chicks to dry boxes first and then to the brooders. We more or less use the same incubator, a sportsman. Mine is an old one I've had for many years. It originally had a wafer thermostat originally that I converted over to an electronic thermostat. I incubate in the sportsman but hatch in my styrofoam incubators as hatchers.
2012-03-02 05.42.49.jpg 2013-04-25 20.23.05.jpg 2015-05-24 10.52.57.jpg

Maybe because they were shipped eggs they were mishandled somewhat. I don't know how the eggs were packed. I sell hatching eggs. So far so good. I do put them in styrofoam for protection and send then 2nd day. some of the boxes have been beaten up some but all of the eggs were intact.
2014-10-22 18.11.55.jpg

That's terrible! I hope you're able to figure out what happened and prevent it from happening again. Healthy chicks should not be adversely affected by a move to the brooder but I think you know that. Something else is happening here. With equipment, genetics, disease, or some other outside influence (in my house that means kids/pets).

I'm truly sorry. All chicks are precious but these in particular meant a lot to you.

Eating eggs and hatching eggs. Before I sell any eggs for hatching I usually do test hatches first. My breeds are in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom