Pikelet the spaniel with dog adhd (hyperkinesis)

Some facts

-can psychological disorders can be normal things that happen to the extent that they are harmful to the individual, others and can make life difficult. For instance forgetting things is normal but I forget things a lot and it affects my ability to do things

-you can have good days and bad days, it won’t the the exact same everyday all the time

-as the brain matures things will change

these are bits of information I have either been told or picked up on other time, my explanation of them might be a but wrong 😅

Other people‘s springers

what I noticed
when sitting the dog wasn’t as tense as pikelet, it looked very calm and relaxed in comparison. The dog did run around like pikelet (still not as frantic) but it was focused the entire time on finding the toy. pikelet would have left after a quick search unless it was easy to find, she would have come back to it occasionally, specially if I started looking for it, she does have a toy drive

extremely calm and focused. Pikelet would have jumped about 10 times in this video and we have been working on similar things

most of the nice comparison videos I could find where on TikTok not sure if there is a way for me to post them here

Life is trying very hard to get in the way of getting appointments! :th

Pikelet has come in to her first season, it’s definitely slowed her down a lot! It is weird to see her being slower 😅 she still definitely isn’t behaving “normally“ though

The good news is that the reason for being busy is we have had a lot of guests, who came to help build fences! The field is all most completely (kind of) fenced in. We just need to put wire on the one gate and then it will be safer and easier for Pikes to run around in!

We finally did the free vet call. It wasn’t much help like I was expecting 🙁

she definitely thought it was just young high energy dog problem :he She did recommend going to a vet behaviourist, so I looked into that and it’s around £400-600 for a consultation and maybe a training plan… so we are going to make an appointment at our actual vets :fl hopefully it goes well!

the call vet did ask if we had tried a calming supplement so I am going to find the one we have tomorrow and see what happens!

Life is trying very hard to get in the way of getting appointments! :th

Pikelet has come in to her first season, it’s definitely slowed her down a lot! It is weird to see her being slower 😅 she still definitely isn’t behaving “normally“ though

The good news is that the reason for being busy is we have had a lot of guests, who came to help build fences! The field is all most completely (kind of) fenced in. We just need to put wire on the one gate and then it will be safer and easier for Pikes to run around in!
They dont act normal during their heat. But it definitely slows them down. Barely any exercise.

But with a male dog in the house its hard. Luckily i can seperate by rooms

A fenced in yard will help

They dont act normal during their heat. But it definitely slows them down. Barely any exercise.

But with a male dog in the house its hard. Luckily i can seperate by rooms

A fenced in yard will help
By normally I meant she still is struggling to properly rest, pacing, moving frantically and everything else she does but she is laying down more and pacing/moving slower then before

poor Fanta is in season as well, she has lost her bounce 😅

Back
Top Bottom