Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jessica Thompson

Songster
Oct 15, 2017
Warren
I was wondering how to make a "pigeon milk" replacement formula stuff I found a few recipes on the internet here's an example

1. Pour 1.25 measuring cups of dry oat meal in an empty cup

2. Add one cup of shaken Silk unsweetened organic soy milk that has been microwaved for 30 seconds to the cup

3. Mix them well together with a spoon

4. Add the contents of two large whole eggs and mix very well.

5. Mix well with a spoon until homogeneous

I tried this recipe I don't know if it's safe for him before I feed it to him any thoughts on a recipe will help thanks!

I was wondering how to make a "pigeon milk" replacement formula stuff I found a few recipes on the internet here's an example

1. Pour 1.25 measuring cups of dry oat meal in an empty cup

2. Add one cup of shaken Silk unsweetened organic soy milk that has been microwaved for 30 seconds to the cup

3. Mix them well together with a spoon

4. Add the contents of two large whole eggs and mix very well.

5. Mix well with a spoon until homogeneous

I tried this recipe I don't know if it's safe for him before I feed it to him any thoughts on a recipe will help thanks!
How old is the baby pigeon? I'm asking because they only receive the pigeon milk for the first 5 days or so. After that, as I understand it, it is whatever the parents are eating - regurgitated after partial processing in the parent's crop.

I don't know if there's anything wrong with your recipe - it may work well. I do not think it is equivalent to crop milk. Do you have any more info on how this recipe was developed?:)

Last edited:
How old is the baby pigeon? I'm asking because they only receive the pigeon milk for the first 5 days or so. After that, as I understand it, it is whatever the parents are eating - regurgitated after partial processing in the parent's crop.

I don't know if there's anything wrong with your recipe - it may work well. I do not think it is equivalent to crop milk. Do you have any more info on how this recipe was developed?:)[/QUOTE ] i don’t know how old it is but it only wants to drink every time I offer it dry food I try’s to drink it the only way I could get it to eat the dry stuff is forcing it to eat it I don’t want to stress him out so I’m just giving him what he wants he has feathers I can post a pic if you want

I don't know if there's anything wrong with your recipe - it may work well. I do not think it is equivalent to crop milk. Do you have any more info on how this recipe was developed?:)
I dont know how old he is but he won’t eat dry food I offer him dry stuff but he try’s to drink it the only way he eats it is if I force him and I don’t want to because it will stress him out so I just give him what he likes

I dont know how old he is but he won’t eat dry food I offer him dry stuff but he try’s to drink it the only way he eats it is if I force him and I don’t want to because it will stress him out so I just give him what he likes
You are correct that he needs liquid food, I use chicken pellets, warm water added ground up in a blender to the consistency of thin applesauce. Or thawed frozen peas. good luck with him, if he eats your recipe he will probably be ok. I find a temp of around 100-101° degrees works best for the food.

You are correct that he needs liquid food, I use chicken pellets, warm water added ground up in a blender to the consistency of thin applesauce. Or thawed frozen peas. good luck with him, if he eats your recipe he will probably be ok. I find a temp of around 100-101° degrees works best for the food.
thanks! I will try this one too!

Update he can’t fly put if really enjoying the first formula I made two canning jars full just in case!

Here’s what I think happened to him....

that the other babies in there that batch of eggs died so they had more and he was still getting “milk” from his parent and they kicked him out I found 5 dead bodies on the ground some were just skeletons and some were newer

I have one question how often should I feed him?

Update he can’t fly put if really enjoying the first formula I made two canning jars full just in case!

Here’s what I think happened to him....

that the other babies in there that batch of eggs died so they had more and he was still getting “milk” from his parent and they kicked him out I found 5 dead bodies on the ground some were just skeletons and some were newer

I have one question how often should I feed him?
You should go by his crop, don't feed again until his crop empties from previous feeding. Feed only during the daytime.
Can you post a picture of him. Babies 8+ days seem to do okay on 2 good feeds per day.

Back
Top Bottom