Pet quail around other pets

Ravenlover

Bird lover,idk I'll think of something later 😂
Jun 22, 2020
Been wondering how well other peoples pets get along with there pet quail seen many things on youtube such as cats and ducks and dogs that get along with them who wants to share there pet pics of them getting along together \o.o/ or exp either way

Our quail like to sit on the dogs heads 😂
They dogs don't care at all, and the quail like the heated fuzzy perch 😂
My quail are bobwhites though. I have a pic, but it's on my dad's phone. I have to wait until he gets home to post it.

Our quail like to sit on the dogs heads 😂
They dogs don't care at all, and the quail like the heated fuzzy perch 😂
My quail are bobwhites though. I have a pic, but it's on my dad's phone. I have to wait until he gets home to post it.
Would love to see it please do when you can ^^/

Thank you for asking ^^/ i am expecting at least one possibly 2 i know ones alive XD which is nick named lil savi cuz its a survivor lol it is my replacement button eggs cuz the first batch nothing hatched and the very few that had anything were so small like day 4-6 or something so so small rip BUT lil savi is going strong saw movement today still my profile pic is lil savi on day 9 the veins were wriggling like multiple snakes it was so awesome and weird to see !!!! (Buttonquail)

Ah forgot to mention today is day 12 for savi day 0 is july 16th

Be careful! My cat despite being around birds his whole life did NOT like the quail and wanted to eat them, and my dogs really wanted to lick them over and over and over, quail are a prey animal, everything eats them so they may no appreciate being licked or stared down by my cat haha, best of luck though!! :D
Ty ty and bad kitty XD no eat cute qual

I don’t let my dogs interact directly with the quail, but they go up to the pen outside, Red crows the alarm, everyone else ignores the alarm and continue as usual. In the house, the dogs ignore
0F6AA783-584C-48EC-82D5-0F8E7D1AB865.jpeg
the brooder even though I keep it on a low coffee table so it’s easy to reach in and just grab a chick real quick and cuddle.

I have 2 French bulldogs and a large (60lb) English bulldog/sharpei. I had a chick on my lap literally leap off of me into the big dogs mouth as he simultaneously yawned I snatched the chick out midair haha. The dog took no notice.

Back
Top Bottom