• Two toothbrushes
  • A towel
  • A toothpick
  • Blowdryer (optional)
  • Nail clipped (if needed)
  • Warm water
  • A chook
Step 1:
Fill one of your buckets with warm, soapy water. This is your wash bucket. Make sure there are no deep suds, but the water does need to have soap. Fill the other with JUST warm water. This is your rinse bucket.

Step 2:
Place your chicken in the warm soapy water. Wash the chicken with your sponge. Run the sponge from head to tail. While the chicken is in the soapy water take one of the toothbrushes and wash the comb, wattles, and face. For clean legged birds take THE OTHER toothbrush and wash the legs. For all birds wash the feet. You can also do this in step 4.

Step 3:
Move your chicken to the rinse bucket. Rinse your sponge out. Run the sponge in the direction of the feathers. When all the soap is rinsed out you can move on the next step.

Step 4:
Take the towel and wrap your chicken like a burrito. It is best if you can have someone hold the chicken for you. If you prefer you can wash the comb, wattles, feet, and face in this step. Take a toothpick and make sure the toenails are free of dirt and poop. In this step you can clip the nails if needed.

Step 5:
Make sure your chicken is dry. You can either towel dry or use a blow dryer. However most chickens hate the blowdryer. If you are doing more chickens dump your water and refill if needed.
Put that in an article. It’s good!

How to bathe a chicken!

What will I need?

• Two tubs that your chicken will fit in
  • Dawn dish soap
  • A sponge
  • Two toothbrushes
  • A towel
  • A toothpick
  • Blowdryer (optional)
  • Nail clipped (if needed)
  • Warm water
  • A chook
Step 1:
Fill one of your buckets with warm, soapy water. This is your wash bucket. Make sure there are no deep suds, but the water does need to have soap. Fill the other with JUST warm water. This is your rinse bucket.

Step 2:
Place your chicken in the warm soapy water. Wash the chicken with your sponge. Run the sponge from head to tail. While the chicken is in the soapy water take one of the toothbrushes and wash the comb, wattles, and face. For clean legged birds take THE OTHER toothbrush and wash the legs. For all birds wash the feet. You can also do this in step 4.

Step 3:
Move your chicken to the rinse bucket. Rinse your sponge out. Run the sponge in the direction of the feathers. When all the soap is rinsed out you can move on the next step.

Step 4:
Take the towel and wrap your chicken like a burrito. It is best if you can have someone hold the chicken for you. If you prefer you can wash the comb, wattles, feet, and face in this step. Take a toothpick and make sure the toenails are free of dirt and poop. In this step you can clip the nails if needed.

Step 5:
Make sure your chicken is dry. You can either towel dry or use a blow dryer. However most chickens hate the blowdryer. If you are doing more chickens dump your water and refill if needed.
thank you

Thanks for the tag @Silkie Princess

I havent shown any Pekin/Banty Cochins before but I have some show quality birds I got from a breeder who has won shows.

This rooster is a brother to a bird that has won best in show.
20210514_132122.jpg 20210614_170125.jpg

And this pullet isnt show worthy because of a wiggly comb

20210513_171112.jpg

Thanks for the tag @Silkie Princess

I havent shown any Pekin/Banty Cochins before but I have some show quality birds I got from a breeder who has won shows.

This rooster is a brother to a bird that has won best in show.
View attachment 2977870View attachment 2977871

And this pullet isnt show worthy because of a wiggly comb

View attachment 2977879
one slightly of topic question did you sell fertile pekin bantam eggs on trademe in the spring time? cos i am shore that i have seen those birds before :):) :)

Back
Top Bottom