pekin bantam showing tips

so what type of breeding do you recommend for pekin bantams ?
A couple of points I picked up on from talking to a breeder.

Feather colour clarity: so for example a cuckoo coloured bird needs to have sharp colour bands in the feathers, not smudging between colours.

Shape: overall shape of the bird is a big one. Plump is a word the breeder used often. The bird needs to be almost as close to round as possible.

These are some points I picked up while talking to him.... there would be many more

A couple of points I picked up on from talking to a breeder.

Feather colour clarity: so for example a cuckoo coloured bird needs to have sharp colour bands in the feathers, not smudging between colours.

Shape: overall shape of the bird is a big one. Plump is a word the breeder used often. The bird needs to be almost as close to round as possible.

These are some points I picked up while talking to him.... there would be many more
thank you

I would breed toward general SOP. Personally, if I breed, I am breeding for fluffiness. You want the tail and leg feathers to fluff up enough to cover the ends of the wings. If you can do that you will achieve a round body shape. Do you have a SOP? If not I suggest you invest in one.

i have a nz poultry standed book so yes
it is the NZ SOP so yes i sort of do
download (2).jpeg
this is it the NZ
standers book

Not sure. At my fair they sit in cages the entire time. The judge comes by and judges them while bever picking them up. He wants to see what they naturally do.

Back
Top Bottom