Peachicks with little mites/flees Help!

Kathy, you have to use the pour on Ivermectin. It is the 5% and has the correct base for absorption. It works very well and has the added benefit of worming.

Destinduck, I agree. A must have product.
Thanks, the pour-on is on my list of things to buy for my ivermectin and lice experiment, 'cause the 1% doesn't work when given orally, topically or injected, so I figured I'd try the pour-on next since many of you swear by it. Sure would be much easier than dusting, lol.

-Kathy

Kathy, you have to use the pour on Ivermectin. It is the 5% and has the correct base for absorption. It works very well and has the added benefit of worming.

Destinduck, I agree. A must have product.

Thanks, the pour-on is on my list of things to buy for my ivermectin and lice experiment, 'cause the 1% doesn't work when given orally, topically or injected, so I figured I'd try the pour-on next since many of you swear by it. Sure would be much easier than dusting, lol.

-Kathy

I kinda like the dusting. It's fun filling up the panty hose and going to work on those birds. I get a chance to dust myself as well. :lau

What is THE best product to use that will kill all of the creepy crawly pests on birds?
Like I said for me Its no doubt sevin dust hands down for me. It kills any ants that may try to build a mound in a pen is probably my biggest concern here if I had to say my main reason for its use now..It kills most all insects here. Ive never had a big bug problem including ants anyway and this is why I believe I never will. I have recomended it to friends that did have a real bad lice or mite problem and they called me back and said. "Totally gone now, cant believe it how good that worked.Thanks".every time. At least once a year I will shake sevin all over the pens when I know it will be dry for a little while. Ive shook it directly on baby ducklings and other various chicks. As much that got dumped on some one time(accidently of course) if that didnt kill em I dont know what would. The main reason I like sevin is its safe for all birds and their babies. It works great and from what I seen after that one time right or wrong you cant seem to over dose on it.

Like I said for me Its no doubt sevin dust hands down for me. It kills any ants that may try to build a mound in a pen is probably my biggest concern here if I had to say my main reason for its use now..It kills most all insects here. Ive never had a big bug problem including ants anyway and this is why I believe I never will. I have recomended it to friends that did have a real bad lice or mite problem and they called me back and said. "Totally gone now, cant believe it how good that worked.Thanks".every time. At least once a year I will shake sevin all over the pens when I know it will be dry for a little while. Ive shook it directly on baby ducklings and other various chicks. As much that got dumped on some one time(accidently of course) if that didnt kill em I dont know what would. The main reason I like sevin is its safe for all birds and their babies. It works great and from what I seen after that one time right or wrong you cant seem to over dose on it.
And as you said in post #10, use Sevin 5%. I didn't know this, but apparently there's also a 10%, which the link below says not to use on birds.
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart

-Kathy

Just a little update! Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. I used DE for a few days and uped the anti by sprinkling a bit of Sevin on them to make sure they were cleared of any buggies. They are still in quarantine, and I'll keep it that way until mid next week. They have a small ash/dust bath in their brooder, and I've changed out the litter to get rid of any extra bugs. Someone should make a puff bottle product specially formulated for young fowl and adult fowl, that's safe and effective. Maybe something you can puff on new chicks or on a broody hen.

Back
Top Bottom