Paint Silkie Breeding question

I have a white rooster and some paint hens. Will I be able to get any paints with this cross?

Thankyou!
You might, but my understanding is the white has to be a dominant white and there's no real way of knowing that unless you know the parents. I would just go ahead and see if you get the 50/50. Good luck!

White to paint = 50% paint and 50% white.
White is two copies of dominate white
Paint is one copy of white

Thankyou. I also have a spare splash hen while I’m growing a few babies to be her hen and rooster friends. They are not her babies nor related. If I put her in with the white rooster for a while til she has a splash flick what would she create with a white rooster? Do you know Debbie?

You might, but my understanding is the white has to be a dominant white and there's no real way of knowing that unless you know the parents. I would just go ahead and see if you get the 50/50. Good luck!

White to paint = 50% paint and 50% white.
White is two copies of dominate white
Paint is one copy of white
Debbie thanks for replying. I asked you another silkie breeding ? Just incase you might know. Thanks!

Thankyou. I also have a spare splash hen while I’m growing a few babies to be her hen and rooster friends. They are not her babies nor related. If I put her in with the white rooster for a while til she has a splash flick what would she create with a white rooster? Do you know Debbie?
You're going to get some blue chicks from that but again, a lot is determined by the white one's parents. White is a diluter, so you'd get white chicks too but maybe their chicks bred with a splash would get more splashes.

To get more pure splashes, we have to breed splash to splash for the white/silver ones or use a different color rooster such as my mauve rooster bred with my white/silver splash gives Mauve & Choco Splash pullets, Blue & Splash split Chocolate cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom