Ocellated Turkeys

Hi, I'm in Florida, I've raised a few of the Ocellated every year for the past 6 years, I'm hoping this will be my best year so far.
Where abouts in FL, I am in Hardee County area. I raise Royal Palms and Narragansett turkeys. I agree they are much more fragile than say chicken chicks.

How much do you sell a pair for i am in canada very interested though

It would be almost impossible to keep Ocellated turkeys in Canada since they are a tropical bird. You would also need to get an import permit to be allowed to bring them into Canada.

Even if you could keep them alive, successful reproduction is unlikely without an extremely large temperature controlled aviary.

Here is someone advertising them for $6000.00 for a pair. I am sure the import permits and required testing and shipment would increase that price even more.

http://www.softbillsforsale.com/sale/ocellated-turkey.asp

i jsut wanted to say i really enjoyed this thread. i had never even heard of an ocellated turkey before but continued to read page after page. ha!ha! im happy there are people out there that can take the time to care for such beautiful rare birds but i think ill stick with our broad breasted bronze for us in wisconsin. thank you for sharing!

Hi, new to this site, but I noticed that in the past people have inquired about them. I've raised them for about 6 years now, so if anyone has any questions maybe I could help.

ocdman (ocd stands for ocellated as well as other things)
Very beautiful Turkey. I would like to raise these turkeys. Would like your opinion on raising these turkeys

Very beautiful Turkey. I would like to raise these turkeys. Would like your opinion on raising these turkeys
They haven't been on byc in years
Screenshot_20200331-190147.png

Back
Top Bottom