Newborn kittens don't what to do

DianeB

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 12, 2009
A cat had kittens in my backyard this morning. Long story short, she got spooked and left them behind. I took them inside and started feeding them. Will she come back and take them even if they were inside?

Thank you

Agreed, put them back and keep an eye on them. Momma will most likely come back for them. If she doesn't you'll have to either bottle feed them or find a rescue that will take neonates.

Thank you, again, for your responses.

How long should I wait? She still is hanging out a few feet away from them and occasionally pops in to the dog house where they are located. But, she is not feeding them or trying to relocate them. It is all happening right outside my bedroom window. So, I can watch closely without disturbing them.

Thank you, again, for your responses.

How long should I wait? She still is hanging out a few feet away from them and occasionally pops in to the dog house where they are located. But, she is not feeding them or trying to relocate them. It is all happening right outside my bedroom window. So, I can watch closely without disturbing them.
She might be nervous about going inside the dog house, only one way out and easily trapped. (guessing dog house isn't currently used but might still smell like dog) Maybe a dish of food for her to make it seem safer? Or could you put the kittens in a box on the porch or something more "open" but still sheltered?

Back
Top Bottom