New to the chicken world

Hannahsmommy201

Chirping
Apr 27, 2024
👋🏻 Hi, I’m Ashley from Huffman, Texas.
Three weeks ago I purchased my first 5 chicks from Tractor supply. A few days later I went back for 4 more. Now it looks like 3 are Roos and 6 and girls.
I am looking to find homes for the 2 week old Easter egger and the 3week old California grey roosters.

One girl I thought was a rhode island red might actually be a Cornish cross. She was all yellow and is now turning white. she is the sweetest. Although I don’t want meat birds she is staying as a pet. I am learning so much lol 😂

The other breeds are speckled Sussex, Wyandotte, olive egger, California grey, two Easter eggers and two welsummers. I cannot wait for these babies to be ready for the coop. I absolutely love them.

I love to bake, woodturning on a lathe, machine embroidery…anything crafty.
I found this site from a family friend! So glad to find other chicken people!

*first pic is the California grey Roo and the second is the possible Cornish cross.

Attachments

• IMG_2262.png
    IMG_2262.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2249.jpeg
    IMG_2249.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
:welcome:welcome:welcome

Welcome to BackYard Chickens and to the chicken-keeping adventure! We're glad that you joined us! :woot

On your Cornish Cross chick, I don’t recommend keeping it as a pet, as they tend to have health problems such as sprains, broken legs, and heart attacks. Sometimes you can find a local farm who is willing to take an accidental one in. ;)

Hi Everyone, Jenny here from Tampa FL.
I just rescued 3 girls they are very heavy but still young (not laying eggs) I have no idea what they are. Any help? I'm referring to creamy/white-ish color ones in the pictures
Hello. Try posting a thread in this section here: What Breed Or Gender is This?

:welcome:welcome:welcome

Welcome to BackYard Chickens and to the chicken-keeping adventure! We're glad that you joined us! :woot

On your Cornish Cross chick, I don’t recommend keeping it as a pet, as they tend to have health problems such as sprains, broken legs, and heart attacks. Sometimes you can find a local farm who is willing to take an accidental one in. ;)
Thanks so much for the info! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom