New to forum and new to birds! (Oklahoma)

dagnabbit

Chirping
Feb 1, 2022
Oklahoma City, OK
The Oklahoma City council passed a new ordinance allowing urban chicken and quail in city limits just this morning and I had to join this forum right away. Ever since learning that I was not legally able to keep backyard chicken or quail there was nothing I wanted more, and I'm so excited to finally get started! My coworker is leaning toward chickens, but I'm leaning quail.

I've never had experience keeping birds before, but I've been up to my eyeballs in research and planning. My poor husband can't even make eye contact without getting bombarded with Cool Bird Facts. If anybody in Central Oklahoma would be open to sharing their set up and maybe letting us visit to see how it runs in person, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I've been reading the forums for a couple months but held off on making an account until the vote this morning. Guess I didn't want to jinx it

Hubs was pro-chicken until he found out one of my coworkers plans to keep a flock, and now he wants to let coworker go first and learn from their mistakes. Not a bad plan but he knew I was impatient when he married me. :D

Hi, Welcome to BYC! There are so many birds to choose from its mind bending. If you want really small chickens, you might want to check out seramas. I have one and like it I didn't think I would, but the cuteness and attitude captured my soul. Good luck. :love
I'd never heard of seramas but I looked them up and I love them. Please tell your chickies how cute they are from me.

Back
Top Bottom