New silkie owner vaccine question. And adding more chicks question

Shainam88

In the Brooder
Jul 4, 2021
I am a new chicken owner and have 3 baby chicks about a week and a half old. What vaccines should I give them ? And if I want to add a few frizzles that produce colored eggs should I do it now while they are all young and they can grow up together ? To avoid aggression?

I am a new chicken owner and have 3 baby chicks about a week and a half old. What vaccines should I give them ? And if I want to add a few frizzles that produce colored eggs should I do it now while they are all young and they can grow up together ? To avoid aggression?
I don't have answer for vaccines, since my birds aren't vaccinated for anything.

I keep different breeds of chicks with silkies with no issues. Sounds like frizzled Easter Egger chicks are what you're describing.

I don't have answer for vaccines, since my birds aren't vaccinated for anything.

I keep different breeds of chicks with silkies with no issues. Sounds like frizzled Easter Egger chicks are what you're describing.
Do you think I should get them now or wait ? I don’t want aggression issues. If I bought babies the same age as my babies do I need to separate them ?

Do you think I should get them now or wait ? I don’t want aggression issues. If I bought babies the same age as my babies do I need to separate them ?
There's rarely any aggression problems between different breed chicks. Them being the same age, is the best to add the new chicks.

It wouldn't hurt to get them now, if you really want too.

7 week silkie, with 7 week Orpingtons. They grew up together. Using as an example.
20210702_150526.jpg
20210702_150512.jpg

There's rarely any aggression problems between different breed chicks. Them being the same age, is the best to add the new chicks.

It wouldn't hurt to get them now, if you really want too.
My friend had bantams and just got a silkie and they are pecking at her and being aggressive . I would like to avoid this.

Just to let you know, not all silkies are very fragile like other people say. The only type of silkie I see with more head trauma are the ones with Vaulted skulls.

They are winter, & heat hardy. Mine have survived the coldest of winters, & the hottest of summers.

Back
Top Bottom