chickenmamafl

In the Brooder
Jul 21, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My family always had chickens growing up, but this is my first flock that I am fully responsible for!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

9 - 2 three/four year old roosters, 7 four month old hens

(3) What breeds do you have?

1 rhode island red rooster, 1 big white rooster (i think he’s a broiler), 2 buff orpington hens, 1 lavender orpington hens, 4 little bantam hens

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

their personalities, mine haven’t started laying yet but i just really enjoy spending time with them and watching them forage and interact. my red rooster, wilbur, is like a dog. he is so sweet and i believe he genuinely enjoys me being out there. when i go inside, he waits by the back door.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

i love to read, bird watch, play sims, listen to podcasts (anything true crime or paranormal/spooky), hang out with my family and our pets and enjoy nature.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

i live with my partner and my daughter. i have 2 dogs(miniature dachshund & a lab/aussie shepherd mix), a cat & a snake.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

thankfully, i found this page through googling symptoms of my sick bird. but, i’m glad i found it because it seems like
there are a lot of nice people here with lots of information. seems like a place i need to be with having my first flock of my own!

Back
Top Bottom