Emily_indacoop

In the Brooder
Sep 29, 2020
Hi! My husband and I love animals and it saddens me to even have to do this, but we are looking into the possibility of re-homing our two ducks. I think they will be much happier in a home or on a farm with more ducks. I have one female Cayuga (named Pepper) and one male Khaki Campbell (named Chai). Both were gotten at the same time so they're very bonded. They are both just about 7 months old, though the female has not started laying yet. They were unsexed so we were unsure of what we would get. We home them with our 5 chickens, and the male is becoming a bit too aggressive with the girls. I understand he should have at minimum 3 females for the one male, but I'm afraid we would not be able to do this. We currently have him separated from the females, when we can't watch him. We would like to keep them together as they are so bonded. We're hoping to get them a bit more space somewhere or to integrate them into a flock of other ducks (NOT FOR MEAT). We are willing to drive to meet someone, or drop off locally (we're in Raleigh, NC). They both will eat out of your hand and are very sweet, especially with one another. We would be willing to do a trade for female chickens. Please, please do not contact me if you're just interested in them for meat.

Attachments

• Pepper.jpg
    Pepper.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Chai.JPG
    Chai.JPG
    638.1 KB · Views: 5
I am in Lumberton, but do not have the proper housing for them and I only have younger ducks and chickens at the moment, I hope you find a home for them. If you have not found a home by Friday morning, then send me a message, and no I would not use them for meat. I could house them at my brother in laws till I get something built for them.....

Back
Top Bottom