Need to add ventilation but how?

Just a quick answer to "why do I need that much space? Let's see how this goes."

If your birds are crowded, you will run into behavior issues because they're packed in too tight. Miserable time for everyone whei didn't ask why I need that much space n you have birds beating the crap out of each oth

Yes I did read that. I also read that you plan to expand it next year. That will be too late.
I'm trying my best to get it done sooner. I don't want anything bad to happen. In the mean time they spend most of their days free ranging supervised outside coop and run (I work from home) usually in my garden 😝If I can't get my neighbors coop, I like the pallet idea. I'm just not very handy myself -my husband is but he doesn't want anymore chores 🙄

So let's say that I had 3 birds in this coop, if I cut an 18x18 square on both sides that'd be sufficient? Am I understanding the math right? Would this alter their ability to stay warm in winter? Sorry doing my best to figure this out after being misled by coop description.

So let's say that I had 3 birds in this coop, if I cut an 18x18 square on both sides that'd be sufficient? Am I understanding the math right? Would this alter their ability to stay warm in winter? Sorry doing my best to figure this out after being misled by coop description.
that gives you 4.5 sq ft. Remember it must start about 1 ft above the top of the birds' heads while roosting, and go higher. Is that possible with your coop's design? If not they'd catch a draft while roosting. and that is the minimum. I don't understand your climate enough to say whether that's enough to prevent frost bite of combs.

that gives you 4.5 sq ft. Remember it must start about 1 ft above the top of the birds' heads while roosting, and go higher. Is that possible with your coop's design? If not they'd catch a draft while roosting. and that is the minimum. I don't understand your climate enough to say whether that's enough to prevent frost bite of combs.
I'm so bad at math can you explain how you got 4.5 sq ft? My thought was 1.5 squared ft on two sides. Wouldn't that be 3ft squared. Ughhh 😫

I'm so bad at math can you explain how you got 4.5 sq ft? My thought was 1.5 squared ft on two sides. Wouldn't that be 3ft squared. Ughhh 😫
I can play with demensions so that it'd be up over their head by a foot. Doesn't have to be a square. I could do a rectangle increasing length and decreasing height of cut if that makes sense 🤔. Thanks for your patience everyone. The struggle is real...

How tall is the coop? And how high from the ground is the roost bar?

If I were you, I'd source some wood asap, remove the back wall, and extend the coop straight from the wall as far as you can. That not only gives your birds better space, it gives you more flexibility for ventilation

Back
Top Bottom