Need help sexing these 4, a hawk got Myrtle and the grandchildren are coming!

ESofVA

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2012
Keller, VA
My 3 1/2 month old Cochin "Mrytle" was attacked and killed last evening by a hawk. I also lost a bamtam by the same bird about 1/2 hr later. Myrtle was my grandchildren's favorite and the only one they would hold. Aug 4th they are coming to stay with us for 2 weeks,,,the 1st time w/o their parents. I know it is still really early to sex these 4 Cochin chicks but I bought them about 1 or two weeks ago and posted them here wondering what their color was going to be. That wasn't an important thing. However, I would really like to be able to before they come so they can be thinking of two girly names to name two of the chicks if I have 2 in this bunch of 4. I don't need any roosters and they cannot take them back home with them which is about 6 hrs away in NJ...right outside of NYC.
I would like to keep two of these. I would REEEEAAAAAALLLLLY like to find out before they come so I can let them each pick a chick and name it. If they can think about that instead of Myrtle they won't be nearly as upset...get their minds off Myrtle. Can anyone tell yet? Try again next week? Need more pictures???

I know this is picture heavy but just trying to show as much as I can think of that might help!
Debbie

OH!!! This is the link to the younger chick pics.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...he-future-color-of-these-cochins#post_9367299

Last edited:
#1 Look to be a hen

#2 is a hen

#3 is a rooster

#4 is a rooster

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom