Natural Anti-Inflammatory Recs?

NelsonNedLover

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2024
My 5 y/o Bantam rooster has just been diagnosed with a firm and medium sized mass/tumor located right on his crop, he is scheduled to have surgery on Wednesday the 15th.
My poor baby has been regurgitating and losing weight for a while, he's pretty lethargic and doesn't crow anymore. We were prescribed Meloxicam 2x a day alleviate his symptoms/discomfort until surgery day but is there anything else? Meloxicam is really effective but wears off after a while. Any natural remedies I can use? Please and Thanks.

try 1 cup water, a mixture of crushed ginger, aloe vera, periwinkle (all stem, leaves, and flower), crushed stinging nettle stem (use gloves), and rub it onto the affected area.

feed him a lot of honey and electrolytes.

try 1 cup water, a mixture of crushed ginger, aloe vera, periwinkle (all stem, leaves, and flower), crushed stinging nettle stem (use gloves), and rub it onto the affected area.

wash it off with lukewarm water after 10 mins and then reapply a new mixture with the same ingredients but without aloe vera. Or you could try not using aloe vera at all (its much better if you do, however).

aloe vera can be harmful if left on skin for a long time.

Those plants are really helpful for rashes because of their anti-inflammatory properties. They wont cure a tumor but may ease the pain.

Hi! Thank you so much for your response. I do not have Periwinkle or stinging nettle stem and unfortunately no stores sell them. Is there anything I can use in replacement? Would aloe, ginger, and water still be effective? thanks.

Hi! Thank you so much for your response. I do not have Periwinkle or stinging nettle stem and unfortunately no stores sell them. Is there anything I can use in replacement? Would aloe, ginger, and water still be effective? thanks.
periwinkle has a chemical called vincristine, if that's not available then it can be substituted by another chemical, lycopene.

Lycopene is found in mature watermelon, carrots, and tomatoes (red-orange). You could try to add one of those in as replacement to the periwinkle plant.

I also forgot, turmeric is really good at suppressing the pain. If you have that available, then you could mix some of that as well.

I hope he gets well soon!

Back
Top Bottom