Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I got my first egg from one of the NN pullets today at 18 weeks - a little 30gm egg but it's a start. :)
Also cracked open one of the extra large eggs from the LR hens this morning and it was a three yolker. I've never seen that before. Right now my banty pullets that just started are my best layers. The mille fleur booted bantam is 8 eggs in 8 days, the partridge rock is 7/8 and the partridge cochin that just started is 3/3. The eggs are little (25 - 35gm) but considering the hens are 1.25 - 2 lbs, I can't complain.

Oh! I want a triple yolker! BTW, the worlds record for most yolks is 9!!!! Can you imagine?!?!?

I got one triple yolker from a hatchery EE when they first started laying.

I recently got a triple yolker from one of my NNs. It shocked me because the egg wasn't even that big....only about 1.66 ounces. I've gotten double yolkers from both my Australorps' and my Barred Rocks' jumbo eggs, but never from one so small.

Just wanted to share pics of my gorgeous pullet. She is 18 weeks old and is just shy of 4 pounds. She is half crested legbar and is already as big as her momma. Looking at the comb, she should be laying soon!

In the first photo the wind was blowing so her crest looks crazy. The second one made her eye look gray, but it isn't.

She also has a sister that doesn't have a crest. They look identical except for the crest. I'm not sure who the mom is, but it might be the legbar. I found out that my legbars were not pure and some of their offspring lay brown eggs and are not crested. In any event, the NNs are super cute.

Just wanted to share pics of my gorgeous pullet. She is 18 weeks old and is just shy of 4 pounds. She is half crested legbar and is already as big as her momma. Looking at the comb, she should be laying soon! In the first photo the wind was blowing so her crest looks crazy. The second one made her eye look gray, but it isn't. She also has a sister that doesn't have a crest. They look identical except for the crest. I'm not sure who the mom is, but it might be the legbar. I found out that my legbars were not pure and some of their offspring lay brown eggs and are not crested. In any event, the NNs are super cute.
She is beautiful! Love her color!

Just wanted to share pics of my gorgeous pullet. She is 18 weeks old and is just shy of 4 pounds. She is half crested legbar and is already as big as her momma. Looking at the comb, she should be laying soon!

In the first photo the wind was blowing so her crest looks crazy. The second one made her eye look gray, but it isn't.

She also has a sister that doesn't have a crest. They look identical except for the crest. I'm not sure who the mom is, but it might be the legbar. I found out that my legbars were not pure and some of their offspring lay brown eggs and are not crested. In any event, the NNs are super cute.

This is a beautiful combination! She's positively adorable. Yep....I'm really thinking more and more than every breed out there looks a little better with a naked neck.
wink.png

If you have fertile eggs from her you can still incubate them. I hatched eggs that were 4 weeks old. They are my black copper turkens - hatched 3 of them that were 22-28 days old when I put them in the incubator. The hatch better than the fresh eggs. :)
She never laid an egg as far as I know. I never saw her in the nest and there were only three hens in the pen.
Just wanted to share pics of my gorgeous pullet. She is 18 weeks old and is just shy of 4 pounds. She is half crested legbar and is already as big as her momma. Looking at the comb, she should be laying soon! In the first photo the wind was blowing so her crest looks crazy. The second one made her eye look gray, but it isn't. She also has a sister that doesn't have a crest. They look identical except for the crest. I'm not sure who the mom is, but it might be the legbar. I found out that my legbars were not pure and some of their offspring lay brown eggs and are not crested. In any event, the NNs are super cute.
Very nice hen.
This is a beautiful combination! She's positively adorable. Yep....I'm really thinking more and more than every breed out there looks a little better with a naked neck. ;)
I think the sane thing. All chickens should have Naked Necks.

Sex Link Question : All you Naked Neck Lovers..Is it Likely to get an Sex link NN ? I'm thinking the NN gene will be stronger then the Sex Link one. which Breed would be better..

HOW would I produce an Line of " Sex Link " NN Bantams ? What Breed would be the most overall Successful. There has to be a way to project Female or Male Chicks By down/hatching Coloring !

Last edited:
I hope I never see another egg with more than one healthy yolk. I won't explain my position because most of you KNOW why...
th.gif

Oh I agree one yolk it best, but when they first start laying many will lay multi yolk eggs until "all the cogs get greased and kinks get ironed"

Back
Top Bottom