My baby has bumblefoot on both 👣

Alilbit88

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2023
Ok guys I noticed the black dot on both of her feet a month or two ago and was able to remove it. now one of her foot is severely swollen. the web part is hot red and swollen. i have used an exacto knife and cut into
the black spot on the swollen foot. i didnt see any yellow kernal. there was pus that came out. Foot is still basically same size of puffiness after I squeezed out the pus. her foot is still red and swollen after the procedure. is this normal for it to be the same size and puffy? will the swelling go down? or should i poke at the web part of her feet and see if i can get more pus out?

Are you using some type of antibiotic ointment like Neosporin?

If it's red, hot, and swollen, that sounds like it got infected. If that got a scab over it, yes, then I'd try open it back up, squeeze the pus out, rinse it with a sterile saline solution, then put the antibiotic ointment on it and wrap a bandage on it with vet wrap or something similar. I would keep the duck in a box, cage, or something to keep it from getting it dirty or wet for a couple of days. Change the bandage a couple of times a day.

Hope it gets better!

Back
Top Bottom