Mother Cockatiel biting baby's pin feathers!

Be very careful about cod liver, to much VITAMINS can damage the birds liver,
my friend lost all of her females cockateils, she gave them a small bowel of egg protein, for the mother to feed the babys, after three years of doing this all of her females died, the liver was enlarged to much protein. After saying this, she did not over breed the birds, after three batches of eggs, the parents had 6 to 12 months break from breeding.
my vet said to me, give exact baby food either mixed or sprinkle powder on 100%whole wheat bread.the parents will give this to their young, my babys are very healthy and big lol,
the best thing to do is call an avain vet!!!!! :)

You could leave the chicks with DAD only, as they feed the babies also. Then when they are weaned, put both adult birds back together.

Pearl's babies are 4 wks old and she is biting their pin feathers so their not growing out. I put the babies in a smaller box so she can't pull feathers at night. During the day she is busy feeding them and doesn't stay in the nest box. Percy, the father doesn't do this. Is this the only solution?
after removing them from the parents it took 4 weeks for few feathers to come back. It might take 2 months for them to completly grow back.

Back
Top Bottom