More Pics from English Chick

English Chick

English Mum
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Cheshire UK
More pics (getting the hang of this now)

Hope you like some of the pics of the thatched houses in our village...

Englishcountryside038.jpg

Englishcountryside034.jpg

Englishcountryside035.jpg

those are gorgeous!!! I've always wanted a house like that....so they have thatched roofs??? How well does that hold up???

Quote:
very well indeed Cjean, you would usually replace every 25 years or so, but it is quite an artform in itself and fantastic to watch it being done...One had its thatch replaced last summmer. There are a lot more houses like those I posted in the village... very quaint and Olde Worlde

I think you have some of the most beautiful countryside. I watch the travel channel and the BBC daily because I would so love to see it for myself. Thank you so much for posting the pictures, I would love to see more. You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

So 25 yrs??? I take it they hold up pretty well....I always thought that was the most awesome thing, I always wanted one of those old fashioned type homes. Almost like the ones off 'The Quiet Man'!!!! That, and a hobbit house from Lord of the Rings!!!! LOL!!! I'm jealous!!!

how lovely, thanks for sharing! i have been to England but only to London and Dover and just for a short time. hope to return one day!!

Back
Top Bottom