Mille Cochin Info

Hey Josh
frow.gif

Glad to see a new thread going Lets hope it dont get as scary Maybe I can get some pix of what I got to put up But being on 3rd shift its kinda hard to do some things By the way Thanx for the support from the last thread You were right Lets make this one work Pix and info from everyone will benefit everybody and make people work harder to get the perfect millie cochin If thats possible
big_smile.png

Mike
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Hey Mike, I know how hard it can be to get anything done. I've been trying to finish building my Standard Cochins pen and it's taken me forever just to get the wire up.

So I like this picture so much I decided to post it here too. Hopefully I can get some others up soon.

DSCN8313.jpg

Hey y'all, folks have been really checking out our mille progress page and I've had some wonderful comments on it. I gotta say, there sure are some purdy birds on there.

Bantyman, I still need your story whenever you get some time... just a little birdy in your ear.
frow.gif

I am just so bummed all that info in the last thread may be lost. What a shame. I've made so many friends on there and we've all shared priceless information with eachother for the betterment of a common goal. We are our biggest supporters and I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to click on here and see a glowing member showing off wonderful mille progress.

And, just wanted to say there is no 1 person responsible for creating mille fleur cochins. All of our birds have come from different parts of the country and from many different breeders making different lines. To say that they all stem from 1 mille fleur pair from 1 breeder just isn't true. There have been many folks working on these for many years and still no one that I have seen here in the US has perfected it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the complements. It looks like you've got plenty of nice birds to work with too Lynne. I'm hoping to get some nice chicks out of that pair up there. I've had a hard time getting any really good colored pullets this year. I've had a ton of Cockerels that have colored out nice buy most of my pullets have had way way to much white. I've got some younger ones that I'm hoping will be beauties

I have a couple youngsters that are showing some real promise but I am learning fast that tinkering around with broodies is getting me no where. I need to hatch every egg I get in hope of some keepers.

I seem to have some nice cokerels as well but pullets are antoher story
hmm.png

Last edited:
Broodies can drive you nutzzz.

I decided to hatch them all this last year. That's why I ended up hatching so many (200+). I don't think I'm going to do it the same way this next spring. I'll be much more selective about which birds go to the breeding pens. That being said, I just bought my new GQF pro about a month ago and it’s dying to be filled to capacity (250 standard eggs) so we’ll see if I can refrain.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom