M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Is anyone interested in buying a flock of Rhode Island Red and Rhode Island red mixes or trading for 8-10 week old pullets? I have 4 Hens and 1 Roo that are 18 weeks and they are just not fitting into my flock. They are super healthy but they are picking on my little chickens so much and I think I am ready to throw in the towel. They need to be with older chickens or by themselves. It is breaking my heart to have to give them up but I think it is better for everyone at this point. They coop at night and free range all day. I am willing to keep my Rooster if that makes a difference. He is a sweet boy but my hens just cannot get used to these little babies. I am in North MS. I was given these by a friend and they were my first chickens. I do not want to cull them as they are about to lay any day now.

Is anyone interested in buying a flock of Rhode Island Red and Rhode Island red mixes or trading for 8-10 week old pullets? I have 4 Hens and 1 Roo that are 18 weeks and they are just not fitting into my flock. They are super healthy but they are picking on my little chickens so much and I think I am ready to throw in the towel. They need to be with older chickens or by themselves. It is breaking my heart to have to give them up but I think it is better for everyone at this point. They coop at night and free range all day. I am willing to keep my Rooster if that makes a difference. He is a sweet boy but my hens just cannot get used to these little babies. I am in North MS. I was given these by a friend and they were my first chickens. I do not want to cull them as they are about to lay any day now.
Don’t give up yet. There’s a lot of picking and pecking. I’ve got the same thing going on right now. It happens every year. I have 3 different age groups in one coop/run right now and there’s nonstop running and and squawking. It will get better sooner than you think. I wouldn’t let them corner one up and peck mercilessly, but pecking order will always be a thing.

I have one orpington that was scalped today. So for their sake I am not sure I have a choice. Maybe if I had another to put them in their place but they have no manners. I have tried look don't touch, I extended their run, and I'm just at a loss and almost just lost my faith in this breed.
Don’t give up yet. There’s a lot of picking and pecking. I’ve got the same thing going on right now. It happens every year. I have 3 different age groups in one coop/run right now and there’s nonstop running and and squawking. It will get better sooner than you think. I wouldn’t let them corner one up and peck mercilessly, but pecking order will always be a thing.

I have one orpington that was scalped today. So for their sake I am not sure I have a choice. Maybe if I had another to put them in their place but they have no manners. I have tried look don't touch, I extended their run, and I'm just at a loss and almost just lost my faith in this breed.
That sounds rough and I get it. I breed Rhode Islands so I guess they’re my special chickens. They can be a little more difficult than some of the other breeds. All breeds have the potential to be turds. Ultimately, you gotta do what you gotta do. Best of luck to you, whichever way you go with it.

That sounds rough and I get it. I breed Rhode Islands so I guess they’re my special chickens. They can be a little more difficult than some of the other breeds. All breeds have the potential to be turds. Ultimately, you gotta do what you gotta do. Best of luck to you, whichever way you go with it.
I hate the thought of getting rid of them but I think as a beginner they may be too much me. Mine are so smart too. They have seriously been so easy to coop train and everything else. For now since I'm not a Facebook person I have to see if I can find a way to rehome them. Not sure where to go with it.

I am trying to help my mom rehome a rooster in Mississippi. He is a white plymouth rock and just turned 1 this month. I'm not in the area so am looking for any leads on farm sanctuaries, rescues, or anywhere he can live out his natural life (not be dinner).

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to help my mom rehome a rooster in Mississippi. He is a white plymouth rock and just turned 1 this month. I'm not in the area so am looking for any leads on farm sanctuaries, rescues, or anywhere he can live out his natural life (not be dinner).

Thanks in advance.
I heard there is a place in batesville called browns feedstore that takes them and people come in and buy them. But no way to know what his future will be.

I have 3 splash Maran/salmon favorelle cockerels looking for a new home. ~4 months old, near picayune ms.
IMG_3037.jpeg
IMG_3035.jpeg

This is their dad.
IMG_3046.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom