M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Orpingtons are pretty popular in Mississippi, the hatchery stock are less fluffy so do typically well here. A few people sell English variety in the state too.

Hoping to test some of my birds for coryza and MG, shifting how we operate and wanting to avoid spreadin contagions and getting NPIP this fall :hmm

Orpingtons are pretty popular in Mississippi, the hatchery stock are less fluffy so do typically well here. A few people sell English variety in the state too.

Hoping to test some of my birds for coryza and MG, shifting how we operate and wanting to avoid spreadin contagions and getting NPIP this fall 

Do you of anyone selling buff

Hoping to test some of my birds for coryza and MG, shifting how we operate and wanting to avoid spreadin contagions and getting NPIP this fall :hmm
do u know of anyone selling buff chicks I've called around tractor supply they didn't get any in today nit sure if they they will get any in Wed, looking for mostly buffs 4-5 and a few plymouth rocks

Facebook is where to look, though with the chicken craze people be frantic over birds. Plus a personal project I been doing for about 7 years.

My farm will not be most likely selling anything for a while poultry wise. I am investing into some bantam breeds, our laying flock will be welsummer and Ameraucanas. Planning to get the egg license to sell at farmer markets eggs.

Ended up getting 6 golden comets from tractor supply in magee, they sold out of rir and barred rock within 10 mins, no buffs . These little girls seem to be doing great. Electrolytes and probiots in water. In a week they will go into their almost complete coop with heater bulb thingy, since the Temps look like they will start dropping off at night. I would like onto check next week to see if they have buff orpington. In 2 weeks would it be suitable to put then all in the coop? Thanks for all yalls help.

Attachments

• 20230301_215821.jpg
    20230301_215821.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 1
Ended up getting 6 golden comets from tractor supply in magee, they sold out of rir and barred rock within 10 mins, no buffs . These little girls seem to be doing great. Electrolytes and probiots in water. In a week they will go into their almost complete coop with heater bulb thingy, since the Temps look like they will start dropping off at night. I would like onto check next week to see if they have buff orpington. In 2 weeks would it be suitable to put then all in the coop? Thanks for all yalls help.

In Mississippi I would wait more around 4 weeks depending on if we get our no spring just summer heat weather. If we get a sudden cold snap I would refrain unless you can put the heating plate in there with them as a optional source of heat.

Back
Top Bottom