Lonely button quail chick

The Birb King

Bird is the word
Dec 10, 2022
Earth
Out of 11 eggs, only 1 hatched. I'm surprised even one hatched because the nest was abandoned and I thought all the eggs died. Of course there are no other chicks for him to hang out with, so im currently his only companion. He is very attached to me and comes when I tap my finger, follows me around, hides under my hand, etc. And whenever I put him back in his enclosure, he repeatedly chirps until I come back. I try to spend as much time as I can with him but im gonna be away for about a week so what can I do so he is not lonely? I put a fake toy chicken in with him which seems to help a little. I just wish more chicks hatched so this guy is not by himself all the time.

Out of 11 eggs, only 1 hatched. I'm surprised even one hatched because the nest was abandoned and I thought all the eggs died. Of course there are no other chicks for him to hang out with, so im currently his only companion. He is very attached to me and comes when I tap my finger, follows me around, hides under my hand, etc. And whenever I put him back in his enclosure, he repeatedly chirps until I come back. I try to spend as much time as I can with him but im gonna be away for about a week so what can I do so he is not lonely? I put a fake toy chicken in with him which seems to help a little. I just wish more chicks hatched so this guy is not by himself all the time.
This happened to me with some chicken eggs. I ended up posting him online for free because I didn't want him to grow up alone and have no hatch mates. Luckily someone online just hatched a clutch of eggs and he got a bunch of new friends! The other option would be to buy him some friends! Chicks will chirp a lot if they don't have anyone to hang out with, it's really sad.

This happened to me with some chicken eggs. I ended up posting him online for free because I didn't want him to grow up alone and have no hatch mates. Luckily someone online just hatched a clutch of eggs and he got a bunch of new friends! The other option would be to buy him some friends! Chicks will chirp a lot if they don't have anyone to hang out with, it's really sad.
I might have to look and see if anyone is selling button quail chicks. That might not work though because they are pretty hard to find in my area. I have some 3 week old chickens but he cant live with them because he might get squished

I might have to look and see if anyone is selling button quail chicks. That might not work though because they are pretty hard to find in my area. I have some 3 week old chickens but he cant live with them because he might get squished
Oh no that's too bad you can't find any in that area. Next next thing would be getting a couple silkie chicks, they're really tiny at hatch!

Can u not take him with u? A small plastic hamster cage and a heat source is all u will need, even if ur only spending time with him a little here n there its better than nothing at all. Xx

Can u not take him with u? A small plastic hamster cage and a heat source is all u will need, even if ur only spending time with him a little here n there its better than nothing at all. Xx
I guess I could try that. Its a good thing they grow fast he is already a week old and in a few weeks he will be albe to join the adults. I hope hes gonna be a friendly one 😆

Back
Top Bottom