Light Brahma chick color ?

Temi

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 6, 2010
What is a chick that grows into a high quality Light Brahma?

Attachments

• tfujtru.jpg
    tfujtru.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Let me start by saying that my Light Brahmas came from Farm & Fleet during chick days last Spring. They are hatchery stock, not from show lines to my knowledge. However, IMO they look better than any of the ones we seen at a fair last summer. I would be tempted to show them if I could spend the time working with them. Here's my Light Brahmas as chicks. They are the only white/yellow ones in the brooder in these pics.

Here's a video of the chicks just a few days old when we got them:

About 2 weeks old:
20180330_230809.jpg

20180330_230846.jpg

My just the other day. Not the best image picture, but they are hanging out in the coop with this arctic blast we have coming through and it's hard to get a good picture of them in there.
20190113_174755.jpg

Attachments

• 20180330_230828.jpg
    20180330_230828.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 45
Let me start by saying that my Light Brahmas came from Farm & Fleet during chick days last Spring. They are hatchery stock, not from show lines to my knowledge. However, IMO they look better than any of the ones we seen at a fair last summer. I would be tempted to show them if I could spend the time working with them. Here's my Light Brahmas as chicks. They are the only white/yellow ones in the brooder in these pics.

Here's a video of the chicks just a few days old when we got them:

About 2 weeks old:
View attachment 1652947

View attachment 1652949
My just the other day. Not the best image picture, but they are hanging out in the coop with this arctic blast we have coming through and it's hard to get a good picture of them in there.
View attachment 1652973

thanks.
Does the yellow chick turn into high quality Light Brahms?

Last edited:
thanks.
yellow chick and black yellow chick
Which chick will be a high quality Light Brahma?
Have you looked into buying from a breeder? That would give you the best quality, taking into account that you find a good one. It is difficult to tell quality just by looking at chick fluff, they need time to fill out in their adult featheration.

I've never received a poor quality light brahma from a hatchery. You can probably find a breeder if you search online.
As far as color of the chick, I don't believe you can determine what the quality of the grown hen/rooster will be based on chick fluff.

high quality birds
There's no way to judge based solely on appearances at day of hatch the quality of a bird.
For show birds you won't know until they are fully feathered. The feathering pattern can also change after their first molt.
For production quality you won't know until they reach reproductive maturity.
All this will be directly affected by the conditions they are raised.

Back
Top Bottom