Leghorn and leghorn bantam

arad2586

In the Brooder
May 13, 2015
Hot Springs, AR

Is there any difference other than the size of the bird? The Kraken is just over 6 months old but nearly half the size of other leghorns that I've seen of the same age. I was just curious, any thoughts would be appreciated. When we got her from Atwoods the guy couldn't even tell us what kind if chicken she was, but as she grew older we realized leghorn but she is kinda on the small side

I read that before I posted this, doesn't say much about them vs regular leghorns. Is th only difference their size, how to tell if it is bantam leghorn or regular leghorn?

The main difference between a large fowl and bantam leghorn is their size. Also, bantams in general tend to have proportionally larger heads in relationship to their body.

The main difference between a large fowl and bantam leghorn is their size. Also, bantams in general tend to have proportionally larger heads in relationship to their body.

So should I wait to see if she gets any bigger or do you think she is bantam in your opinion? I'm still kinda new to chickens and just trying to figure out what kind exactly what she is, considering she was sold as a golden sexlink...

The rooster is the same age but 2x her size (different breed means different size I know) but I've seen other leghorns her age 2x her size also. And it seems like most the bigger leghorns I've seen have had the smaller combs and waddles but pictures of the bantam ones have had larger combs and waddles-? I don't mean to a pest about it, but I am just really curious.

So should I wait to see if she gets any bigger or do you think she is bantam in your opinion? I'm still kinda new to chickens and just trying to figure out what kind exactly what she is, considering she was sold as a golden sexlink...

That looks like a black sexlink rooster next to her. She's a normal sized Leghorn. Black sexlink males are a crossbreed of two different dual-purpose breeds, and they do get a bit bigger than either of their parent breeds.

Back
Top Bottom