Australorp or Black Leghorn

Could she maybe be a mix of the two breeds?
Doubtful. She's got a pea comb, meaning one or both of her parents would have had to have a pea comb. She also appears to have a thin beard. If one of her parents were one of the two breeds speculated, I'd say she'd be part Australorp. Leghorns have yellow legs and large white ear lobes. Her earlobes are pretty average sized.

My boyfriend and I bought this little chicken the other day and we were told she is a Black Leghorn. In my personal opinion she is looking more Australorp. She is still quite young. If anyone knows whether she is an Australorp or Black Legorn your response will be greatly appreciated

Leghorns should have yellow soles on their feet. I am pretty sure she is not a Leghorn.

Breed with black feathers and white soles on their feet include:
Black Australorp
Black Minorca
Black Andalusian (these happen when people breed Blue Andalusians)

All three of those have single combs, but I think the chicken in your picture has a pea comb. So she would have to be something else, probably an Easter Egger as several other people have suggested.

Could she maybe be a mix of the two breeds?

If she has a pea comb, she must have at least one parent with a pea comb.
Leghorns and Australorps have single combs, or Leghorns occasionally have rose combs. There is no possible way to combine those comb types and get a pea comb.

So to get a pullet with a pea comb, at least one other kind of chicken must be involved. I would guess there is some Ameraucana or Araucana mixed in, maybe several generations back rather than her being a direct first-generation cross.

Leghorns have yellow legs and large white ear lobes. Her earlobes are pretty average sized.
I thought Leghorn earlobes were not particularly noteworthy until they get a bit older than the pullet in the photos, so I'm not ready to completely rule out some Leghorn influence. I agree that she cannot be a pure Leghorn.

She has yellow at the bottom of her feet and a bit on top, so it made me hopeful she was a leghorn but I appreciate your input. Thank you very much 😊
In that case, the comb is the only thing that looks wrong to me at this point.

By now, I'm getting quite curious to see that comb from another angle.
Can you get a front photo of her comb? With her looking straight at the camera?

Back
Top Bottom