Jersey Giants

Dfarago

Songster
Feb 23, 2019
High Desert, California
So my husband and I have decided to get some jersey giants. Mostly for the purpose of chicken tv. We intend to free range them on our three acre property. I live in the high desert in California. And I wanted to know your personal opinions and suggestions raising these guys to give them the best life. Well most likely raise them from chicks so they get accustom to being around humans and our dogs. Any advice or personal stories?

Hi there! I own a mix rooster that's part jersey Giant, and I know people who have purebreds. The roos and hens are absolutely HUGE, but are known to be tame. If you want to hatch their eggs you might need to get an incubator, as the females are so heavy they often crush the eggs. Overall, I think they are a very good breed; best of luck, and remember to keep us posted!

Hi there! I own a mix rooster that's part jersey Giant, and I know people who have purebreds. The roos and hens are absolutely HUGE, but are known to be tame. If you want to hatch their eggs you might need to get an incubator, as the females are so heavy they often crush the eggs. Overall, I think they are a very good breed; best of luck, and remember to keep us posted!
Thank you for the advice

My Giants will sleep with my LGD's, one Pitt and 2 Pyrenees/Akbash crosses. They have been raised with the dogs only seperated by a fence until they were around 3 months old then set to free range. It's nice to sit and watch them interact with each other.

I'm getting two today... They rarely are seen for sale in my area, but my local farm I get chicks from randomly had two on order so I reserved them! Hoping they're a great breed, we wanted these giants for pets because who doesn't want a giant chicken :clap I'm excited to get them!

Back
Top Bottom