January to February 2024 Duckling Hatch-Along!

Pics
You are most welcome.
I have heard of people hatching them out on heating pads, crock pots and all other sorts of ways without a fancy incubator. I have one now and had 8 eggs in it and only got two to hatch out so my cooler worked just as well. I have also had eggs get cold, close to freezing outside for up to 12 hours when the Hen gave up on them and was able to hatch a few of those out. Being cold does not mean they are dead eggs. Sometimes they survive.

From the size of the air cell, the egg looks a bit old, but you could always try incubating it anyway.

I’d recommend buying a small incubator.
You could try to make your own incubator with a styrofoam box, the lamp, a water dish, and a thermometer + hydrometer - like what Luv Ducks said :lol: but buying a ‘bator is much easier.
Buying an incubator = Duck Crack

This event with Tinker Bell has led me to root for a lady on CL hatching out Call Ducks. She has lost a bunch of them already, one hatched and she has 9 left. 4 are already sold if they survive and like a crazy person I put my name on the list for 2 if they make it. She is only about 10 miles from me instead of me going to Florida to see Tinker Bell so I am actually saving money in the deal! LOL I think I am losing my mind!

This event with Tinker Bell has led me to root for a lady on CL hatching out Call Ducks. She has lost a bunch of them already, one hatched and she has 9 left. 4 are already sold if they survive and like a crazy person I put my name on the list for 2 if they make it. She is only about 10 miles from me instead of me going to Florida to see Tinker Bell so I am actually saving money in the deal! LOL I think I am losing my mind!
So technically "chicken math" is just one subset, there is also "duck math"?

Back
Top Bottom