January to February 2024 Duckling Hatch-Along!

Pics
Can I please get 20 and 25? And do you have names for the eggs yet, or names for after they hatch? And Laffy Taffy is so cute! Any more updates/pictures on her?
Sorry, I can’t update the original post anymore, but all eggs have been claimed already + Egg 25 was found to be infertile. You may still root for an egg anyway!
I have names for after they hatch :jumpy
Sure, here’s some more pictures of her
IMG_0440.jpeg

IMG_0487.jpeg

IMG_0508.jpeg

IMG_0598.jpeg

Also does anyone know how crested turns out in an uncrested x crested pairing?
I’m pretty sure it’s a 50 / 50 chance of crested or non-crested. Though, my crested boy had 4 ducklings in the past, and they were all non-crested lol. Laffy is my first crested duckling :)

Sorry, I can’t update the original post anymore, but all eggs have been claimed already + Egg 25 was found to be infertile. You may still root for an egg anyway!
View attachment 3730184
View attachment 3730185
View attachment 3730187
View attachment 3730188

I’m pretty sure it’s a 50 / 50 chance of crested or non-crested. Though, my crested boy had 4 ducklings in the past, and they were all non-crested lol. Laffy is my first crested duckling :)
This is making me want ducks. How do I convince hubs to add ducks to our home? Chickens he said yes. Ducks he says no. How do I convince him we need cute web toed duck babies?!

This is making me want ducks. How do I convince hubs to add ducks to our home? Chickens he said yes. Ducks he says no. How do I convince him we need cute web toed duck babies?!
Ducklings are a treat! They do zoomies and try to eat everything in sight - yes, including you :lol: They’re more than comfortable hanging out with you and taking naps in your hands or in your hair (might want a towel for this, they are big poopers!!!) Despite their webbed feet, they’re actually pretty great climbers / jumpers. My ducklings have always raced to see who can climb up my shirt the fastest to sleep near my neck + and I taught my ducks how to walk up the stairs!! :D If water is a concern, ducks don’t need to swim everyday, but an occasional swim is really, really good for their feathers and, in general, just makes them super happy.

But, of course, if you really want ducks, do as much research as you can!!

I’d recommend starting with just 2 ducks. From everything I’ve seen, 2 ducks, regardless of gender, WILL get along with each other, even more so if they’ve been raised together. Problems can start once you get to have 3 or more. Maybe you could convince him to just do 2 and see how it goes?

Also, if you do decide to get ducks and happen to have a male duck / drake, you can NOT keep him with your chickens. If you must keep ducks with chickens, get female ducks only.

Good luck convincing! :jumpy

View attachment 3730184
View attachment 3730185
View attachment 3730187
View attachment 3730188

It doesn't get any more adorable than this! :love

Back
Top Bottom