ISO new home for 4 Silver Lakenvelders and 4 Rhode Island Reds! Located in Virginia!

homesteadhaley

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2024
Hey! Looking to rehome 4 Silver Lakenvelders (egg production set. 200) and 4 Rhode Island Reds (egg production est. 265) They're all perfectly healthy and doing well! My daughter purchased these breeds without asking for permission and our coop is not big enough for 8 additional chickens. I cannot tell their sex (I am not an expert, but they were all guaranteed to be hens with 99% accuracy). They'll come with bedding and starter feed.

Located in Virginia. Willing to travel/meet southern Maryland and western panhandle of WV! Some parts of PA too!

Please take these girls! They deserve a good home!
4CC73305-C3D4-4F0B-8528-6A1D9AED179F.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmmm...I'm in your area, but I don't exactly have room for eight chicks, though I'd love the breeds (and just having more chickens :)). I could throw another coop together if necessary but would prefer not to. If you can't find anyone and they're getting too big, let me know and I'll make accommodations!

Last edited:
Hmmm...I'm in your area, but I don't exactly have room for eight chicks, though I'd love the breeds (and just having more chickens :)). I could throw another coop together if necessary but would prefer not to. If you can't find anyone and they're getting too big, let me know and I'll make accommodations!
I get it! It’s a lot of chicks! Are you willing to take some of the Lakenvelders? They don’t all need to go together.

I get it! It’s a lot of chicks! Are you willing to take some of the Lakenvelders? They don’t all need to go together.
I know a person who would possibly be interested in a couple Rhode Island Reds. They're not sure yet though.

I myself am not sure whether I can take any more birds at this point; I read that the Lakenvelders can be bossy and all my hens are rather docile. Since the L's would have to live with my other birds, I'm not sure that would work. But, I'm still considering building a coop so I'll keep you posted :).

I know a person who would possibly be interested in a couple Rhode Island Reds. They're not sure yet though.

I myself am not sure whether I can take any more birds at this point; I read that the Lakenvelders can be bossy and all my hens are rather docile. Since the L's would have to live with my other birds, I'm not sure that would work. But, I'm still considering building a coop so I'll keep you posted :).
Here's a great link on Lakenvelder chickens if your interested in learning more. I heard that they are docile and great around other chickens - but I also hear each chicken is different. I myself can't take anymore chicks - I have about 45 in the basement right now. But probably would if I didn't have so many right now.
https://backyardpoultry.iamcountryside.com/chickens-101/lakenvelder-chicken/

Hey! Looking to rehome 4 Silver Lakenvelders (egg production set. 200) and 4 Rhode Island Reds (egg production est. 265) They're all perfectly healthy and doing well! My daughter purchased these breeds without asking for permission and our coop is not big enough for 8 additional chickens. I cannot tell their sex (I am not an expert, but they were all guaranteed to be hens with 99% accuracy). They'll come with bedding and starter feed.

Located in Virginia. Willing to travel/meet southern Maryland and western panhandle of WV! Some parts of PA too!

Please take these girls! They deserve a good home!
View attachment 3776934
I hope you found a good home for the babies! If not send me a message thanks!

Back
Top Bottom