Is Tess a Rooster...?

Hey....wait a minute
old.gif

I just noticed imloulou's birds legs......they dont look like the rest of our wyondottes
hu.gif

I wonder why that is
hu.gif
idunno.gif

Maybe someone with more experience will know.

Quote:
I might be misunderstanding, but I think imloulou's pics are of a Hamburg, not a Wyandotte...we got talking about Wyandottes because of my worries.
hmm.png

UPDATE:

868389166_749fcb95f7_o.jpg

COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!!!!!!!

She (yes I am still calling him a she...lol!!!) crows every morning bright and early. We cannot give her...uh...him up yet. We just love hearing her pathetic little Cock-a-doodle-doo. It really is pathetic right now...he is struggling to get a real one out.

Just thought I would give an update to our little "Is Tess a rooster?" adventure.
big_smile.png

Thanks for all the advice along the way:)

My hamburg, Patty, hehe, is 7 weeks and your hamburg's comb is A LOT more pink than mine- sorry, I think he's a roo!

sorry, didn't see the update!

Last edited:
Ok...one more update...just in case anyone who has a Mystery Chick from McMurray and it happens to be a Silver Spangled Hamburg...and you are wondering.....

This is what a Roo looks like !!
(see beginning photos to see progression):

1002489078_696307f7d4.jpg

1002586826_0392e44434.jpg

We are going to keep him...he is just too darned pretty!!!
I will post one more once he is full grown...

imloulou,

Our free mystery chick from MMH is also a SSH cockeral (3 months old come Monday). He's bigger than all of our Banties but he is the most laid back guy in the bunch. He was going to be freezer fodder originally but he's won my heart over and now I'd love to find him some girlfriends. So glad DH puts up with me!!!
gig.gif

Quote:
LOL Dawn!
I'm glad our neighbors are ok with it....so far at least! Tess is BEAUTIFUL!
He has iridescent feathers that look like a peacock. Here he is again:

1154364504_70270376ec_o.jpg

He is REALLY stunning! Are you going to keep calling him TESS? (could be short for Testosterone)
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom