Is it possible that Ideal Poultry is scam artists?

bigboykh said:
Is it possible that Ideal Poultry is scam artists?

Regarding the title: I think this was probably a mistake on Ideal's part, not a deliberate scam.

Large numbers of people (including myself) have placed multiple orders from Ideal, and gotten what they paid for. The rate of good experiences vs. problems makes it look like they are honest with poor quality control, rather than deliberate scammers. I do think they need to tighten up their quality control.

I got them on sale for the same price that the roosters were originally so I get no money back.

I have noticed that they tend to have sales on the females, but leave the males at the regular price. I hadn't considered how that might affect refunds for mis-sexed birds, but that does make their already-small guarantee even less useful.

I've been buying chicks from Ideal for several years and never had an issue. They are always courteous when I need assistance and so far they have been accurate selling me only pullets. I'm sorry the OP had this bad experience with them, it certainly looks like he's very disatisfy and I probably would too. It might have been a miss communication issue

Sorry so many people don't believe you but this same thing just happened to me at Ideal. Years ago, I ordered from Ideal and they were all females when I ordered all females. About two months ago, I ordered all pullets (YES I AM POSITIVE THAT I ORDERED ALL PULLETS FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT TO ARGUE) and there were tons of males. I'm still waiting on some of them to develop but I could have as many as 80%-90% males. Something is going on up there right now cause this didn't happen to me when I ordered years ago and more and more people on the internet are complaining about them sending mostly males. Look on Facebook cause there are more complaints besides ours right now. They will not refund anything. If they do, it will be around 50 cents a bird. I complained. They told me to wait until 4 months old. I don't need four months to wait....I have raised chickens long enough to know these are roosters. It is indeed a scam to pay for all pullets and get mostly roosters that you have to give away.

I bet that it has cost me $20 per bird to raise these babies for them to be all roosters.

So true! People always forget about the cost to raise them. When numbers are small some error is not a big deal, but if you purchased a lot they have done you a financial injury.

The point of a guarantee is that it's supposed to be certain. Not a hope. Not a bet. Companies are supposed to stand behind their guarantees, and if they don't they deserve to lose customers and reputation. A mistake is only a mistake until they say "Not our problem", at which point it becomes a deliberate act.

I bought 10 pullets From ideal, and 9 of the 10 received were actually pullets. That is acceptable, imo, as human errors happen.

FWIW, there is a locally owned feed and seed that I go to for a lot of things. The chicks they sell spring and fall are purchased from Ideal. When I told them in the summer that is who I was ordering from, they said that was a good source.

I bought 10 pullets From ideal, and 9 of the 10 received were actually pullets. That is acceptable, imo, as human errors happen.

FWIW, there is a locally owned feed and seed that I go to for a lot of things. The chicks they sell spring and fall are purchased from Ideal. When I told them in the summer that is who I was ordering from, they said that was a good source.
9-10 pullets is great. The complaint above was they have something like 7-8/10 are MALES...that's not ok for a company to do.

Have ordered 3 times from Ideal and my third batch is coming end of Feb 2024.
First order, 7 Welsummer pullets (two were males)
Second order, 6 Welsummer & 6 Longhorns (no males)
Third order, 9 JersyGiant pullets (we shall see)

I understand the difficulty in this situation but I do not believe the person selected all those roosters on purpose. Scam Artist is harsh and would disagree that is what they are.

We’ve placed two orders as well. Last summer, 10 pullets, ended up 10 hens. This summer, 26 pullets, ended up 26 pullets. We’ve had good luck.

Have ordered 3 times from Ideal and my third batch is coming end of Feb 2024.
First order, 7 Welsummer pullets (two were males)
Second order, 6 Welsummer & 6 Longhorns (no males)
Third order, 9 JersyGiant pullets (we shall see)

I understand the difficulty in this situation but I do not believe the person selected all those roosters on purpose. Scam Artist is harsh and would disagree that is what they are.
Welsummer are an auto-sexing breed (different feather pattern/shade) so this seems unacceptable to me…

Back
Top Bottom