Is Diatomaceous Earth safe for coturnix quail??

I sprinkle it in the pen and in the food so when they bathe in either (
hmm.png
) they get it all over themselves.

Ga.chickenman :

@ the Kid small letters or not you didn't have a problem making that smart a** remark did you???

Really just think about it... POISON..... That stuff is meant for cleaning swimming pools​

Quote:
Really just think about it... POISON..... That stuff is meant for cleaning swimming pools

I was not talking about the junk for pools, you don't seem to know what I was talking about. So don't worry about it
Like I said, there was a reason for the legit question...

Quote:
Really just think about it... POISON..... That stuff is meant for cleaning swimming pools

I was not talking about the junk for pools, you don't seem to know what I was talking about. So don't worry about it
Like I said, there was a reason for the legit question...

The poison stuff is the stuff they use for pools it's on my fathers bag of DE for the pool. It kills all the bacteria that's why when they put chlorine in it and DE your not suppose to use it for a day.

There's also a bag on the shelf in with ant and roach sprays at home depot. Like I said you had no idea what I was talking about.

So....
Everyone knows to use food grade... I guess end of discussion.

Quote:
So there is a bag by the roach sprays? And you said the stuff that says poison, you never went into any type of detail.

Not going into a lot of detail was no reason to be sarcastic or assume you knew what I was talking about .

I did compare it to another product that had multiple use, with poison that is to be used on pets or pests. So naturally I wondered about which DE you were using. And like I mentioned I missed where it was said "food grade"

When I first went looking for DE it was for insect control for my garden plants, found it on the shelf next to all the other insect control products at the Home Depot. Was not happy to see it had poison, so looked on, to find a food grade at the feed store.

If I get a chance I will go by there this weekend and get a picture of it. It's meant to be used in home or garden!

That is why I asked. It didn't matter the whole reason behind my question at the time, I had my reasons for asking, and you being rude is not helping others learn. I would never use a poison for any of my animals, but was concerned someone might assume that is the DE to use, considering the topic here is for mites! There are several DE products on the market, and if someone were to not see the food grade, like I missed, and assumed it to be what I found at Home Depot, would be sad.

You need to realize, not everyone is going to stop and think! You may know Quail, but have alot to learn about human nature. I've worked in several pets shops over the years, and it's scary some of the pet owners out there with no common sense!

I am new to the uses of DE but NOT to raising quail!

To those of you here that were/are helpful i'm sure others will learn, and you are appreciated!

Now I'm off to get my quail some sand, they need a bath!
smile.png

Model_A_tractor~ Nice eggs! Are they lunch or to hatch?
lol.png

I can't wait to start getting eggs! About 3 more weeks. ;-) I need more Quail though, I know there will be a tug of war over me wanting to hatch them and my guys wanting to eat them.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom