Interrupted Incubation for Goose -- how long can eggs remain viable?

Oh, sorry - my question did seem a bit rude....it was not intended to be.

I just got shocked when I read you were handling eggs and the goose and they were a 'wild' nest.

If you had mentioned what you were doing I would not have made that mistake. It is so easy for people to misunderstand things that are written down rather than spoken to each other face to face.

Good work with the goose. Hope the eggs hatch!

How horrid that someone would oil the nest! Why do they do that? Also you are very brave to handle the eggs from the wild goose - I thought they would go crazy and attack you.

4-27-21...👋Hello to all of the bird enthusiasts! I’m a newbie here and excited learning about all your fine feathered friends. I sure did have a scare out in my back yard today. Birdie, my current nester, got her feathers ruffled when some men spraying chemicals in the water disturbed her eggs. We both finally settled down and the drama has passed. I love living with wildlife...they teach us so much. :jumpy

👋Hello to all the bird enthusiasts! Birdie, my current goose nester, got her feathers ruffled when the lake was being sprayed with chemicals. We both finally settled down and the drama left us exhausted. Wildlife are so interesting to watch, especially during nesting. I am so glad I logged on to this site and will enjoy learning about all of your fine feathered friends.:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom