Incubator spiked to 103 overnight...any hope??

KayLeeKye

Hatching
Feb 23, 2023
Hello!
I have some of my Rhode Island Red eggs and some Easter egger eggs incubating right now. Yesterday was day 5 and I was so excited so I candled the eggs. They looked great! Today when I woke up I saw the incubator was just over 103 degrees!!! Shocked I opened the lid and candled the eggs. Only 2 look okay.... its my 2 rhode island red eggs. The other easter egger eggs look... well... bad. What do yall think? I do not want to give up on them but have a bad feeling they died.

Attachments

• IMG-6301.jpg
    IMG-6301.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-6300.jpg
    IMG-6300.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-6298.jpg
    IMG-6298.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-6299.jpg
    IMG-6299.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-6297.jpg
    IMG-6297.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 6
I can't see them very well, but the second egg in the pictures looks good. With the third egg, I can faintly see a little dark blob, which might be the embryo, but I still need to see if there are any defined veins. The other 3 pictures are hard to see, and I don't see any dark, spider veins. The first picture looks like the egg was either developing on its side, or the embryo has passed. How are the eggs positioned? Don't take any eggs out until day 10. If you see no more development and/or bacteria growing inside, then throw the bad eggs out. Bacteria growing inside an egg looks like:

1. Dark patches on the inside and/or outside of the egg
2. The egg might smell bad
3. There's no movement inside the egg
4. There's blotchy, dark, maybe green splotches in the egg. ( You can see this when you candle the eggs. )

I thought for sure my Easter Egger egg had died when I hatched my first batch, someone even told me so, but I kept it in just in case and turns out it was still alive and hatched. And was healthy. So there might still be hope. Sometimes EEs can be hard to see into too.

I can't see them very well, but the second egg in the pictures looks good. With the third egg, I can faintly see a little dark blob, which might be the embryo, but I still need to see if there are any defined veins. The other 3 pictures are hard to see, and I don't see any dark, spider veins. The first picture looks like the egg was either developing on its side, or the embryo has passed. How are the eggs positioned? Don't take any eggs out until day 10. If you see no more development and/or bacteria growing inside, then throw the bad eggs out. Bacteria growing inside an egg looks like:

1. Dark patches on the inside and/or outside of the egg
2. The egg might smell bad
3. There's no movement inside the egg
4. There's blotchy, dark, maybe green splotches in the egg. ( You can see this when you candle the eggs. )
Thank you for all that information! This is very helpful!

I thought for sure my Easter Egger egg had died when I hatched my first batch, someone even told me so, but I kept it in just in case and turns out it was still alive and hatched. And was healthy. So there might still be hope. Sometimes EEs can be hard to see into too.
Very good to know haha. Hope this is the same for me.

Back
Top Bottom