incubating rhea eggs

mrslb333

Songster
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hi, I have 2 rhea eggs due to go in the incubator I just need to check temp and incubation time with you guys as I can't seem to find any consistent advice. I have an incubator set at 97 at the moment I also have a big cabinet incubator set at around 100 with other eggs in. It would be a lot easier if I could put them all in the big one as it has an auto turner and would free up some space in my kitchen but unsure if the rhea eggs would develop at this?
Also what is the incubation period I've read 36-40 days is this correct?
Many thanks in advance
Lucy x

Hi, I have a now 3 month old rhea that I hatched in a small styrofoam incubator. The information I used is on this site: www.hopkinslivestock.com. I followed their directions exactly and the chick hatched right on schedule. These are nice people, very helpful and willing to answer any questions not answered on their website. I have since ordered two rhea chicks from them to keep mine company. Good luck.

Linda

How did you get on with the Rhea hatch & what temp etc did you go for, would really appreciate any info that you can offer Thanks Tracy

96-97 degrees F for the temp, and 50% Humidity. 99.5 for the temp is too high and will cause weak or deformed chicks, especially with legs and feet. And around 40 days is the incubation period.

Back
Top Bottom