I'm Sending Feed to be Analyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Anyone know of a lab that checks for aflatoxins? Miscellaneous internet folks mention it as a possible contaminant in some feeds. Besides the usual protein content, etc., I'd like to have my feed tested for these mold-produced toxins and possibly others.

Incidentally, a couple of months back I found a softball-sized clump of feed in a new bag of Producer's Pride. It was pretty well covered with green mold so I tossed it in the trash. Maybe the feed did not dry completely at the factory? Anyway, no chickens seemed ill from eating that batch once I got rid of the mold.
Mike Adams (Health Ranger) is conducting these tests already at his food science lab in Austin, TX. Preliminary results show that TSC producers pride has 2x the amount of glyphosate than the other brands he tested. I understand he is posting full results next week someitme on his website.

I’ve been reading a lot of these feed posts like everyone else, I just want to comment if anyone has ever heard of naturalnews.com, Mike Adams has a food science lab and regularly tests products for human consumption (that he sells himself) and he has recently completed testing on 6 or 7 brands of chicken feed. He tested for heavy metals, aflatoxins, glyphosate, e.coli, salmonella and nutritive minerals such as copper and zinc. Results should be posted next week! Just throwing this out there for folks who may be interested.
Its been posted. His lab didn't test for a host of things he should have, he tested for a bunch of things one would be expected to find (and found them), but has not annnounced how much of them was found - without which no intelligent, educated conclusion can be drawn.

BTW, reduced rate of egg lay is NOT one of the top ten symptoms of glyphosphate injestion, and the the top nine aren't being reported by those who claim their chicken feed is responsible for their hens not producing. Its not one of the top six for aflatoxin poisoning (acute or otherwise) or for vomitoxin poisoning.

Mike is selling spectacle and sensationalism to those who know less than himself in effort to push his own products, nothing more. A century ago and more, he'd be a snake oil salesman.

/edit to add: As a an owner of backyard chickens, I might be embarassed to post that I knew less about how to feed them, and some of the more common concerns in feeding them, than a youtuber who doesn't own them, has seemingly made not even a weekend's study of how or what to feed them, and appears to have a very poor grasp of chicken biology generally. But if that's something people want to share with the community as a sort of disclaimer on the potential value of the rest of their post as I do when I begin "the things I don't know about poultry illness and injury would fill books - and does!", go ahead, knock yourself out. Some may find it helpful.

Last edited:
Its been posted. His lab didn't test for a host of things he should have, he tested for a bunch of things one would be expected to find (and found them), but has not annnounced how much of them was found - without which no intelligent, educated conclusion can be drawn.

BTW, reduced rate of egg lay is NOT one of the top ten symptoms of glyphosphate injestion, and the the top nine aren't being reported by those who claim their chicken feed is responsible for their hens not producing. Its not one of the top six for aflatoxin poisoning (acute or otherwise) or for vomitoxin poisoning.

Mike is selling spectacle and sensationalism to those who know less than himself in effort to push his own products, nothing more. A century ago and more, he'd be a snake oil salesman.
I’m not trying to start an argument, I have followed him for years and did not intend to turn this around on one man. Many folks in this thread are talking about sending feed for testing and I applaud it. Regardless of what anyone thinks of him, It’s interesting that all these things are mysteriously happening all at once to eggs, chickens, and their feed in a time where we are all being told we will eat lab grown meat and bugs. I just wanted to throw my opinions out there like everyone else.

Interestingly, a recent study has come out that shows egg yolks help naturally mitigate the binding of the sars cov2 spike proteins to the human ace2. Again, its all very curious and I am doing everything I can to protect my flock and make sure they are as healthy as possible. Hence why I find myself on this site daily reading threads looking for information, answers, and to throw my two cents in at times.

Interestingly, a recent study has come out that shows egg yolks help naturally mitigate the binding of the sars cov2 spike proteins to the human ace2. Again, its all very curious and I am doing everything I can to protect my flock and make sure they are as healthy as possible. Hence why I find myself on this site daily reading threads looking for information, answers, and to throw my two cents in at times.
Pretty sure the only egg yolks that did that were from birds intentionally given doses of the virus

I’ve been reading a lot of these feed posts like everyone else, I just want to comment if anyone has ever heard of naturalnews.com, Mike Adams has a food science lab and regularly tests products for human consumption (that he sells himself) and he has recently completed testing on 6 or 7 brands of chicken feed. He tested for heavy metals, aflatoxins, glyphosate, e.coli, salmonella and nutritive minerals such as copper and zinc. Results should be posted next week! Just throwing this out there for folks who may be interested.

Check some sources for Mike Adams. He doesn't come across as reputable to me. I've seen some posts of his that have references, but to other domains/media that he also owns. From what I can tell he is largely a purveyor of Clickbait.

No, that's NOT what the study says. Recommend you read it for yourself.

That is, however, a good summation of the title.
Oddly, this is being pushed by some of the same people convinced COVID arose in a Chinese Weapons lab (an opinion upon which I have no strong opinion). The authors of the study are:

Shuangshi Wei,a,1 Shengbao Duan,a,b,1 Xiaomei Liu,a Hongmei Wang,a Shaohua Ding,a Yezhou Chen,a Jinsong Xie,a Jingjing Tian,a Nong Yu,c pingju Ge,d xinglin Zhang,d Xiaohong chen,d Yong Li,a,⁎ and Qinglin Menga,⁎

and its disclosed funding?
This work was supported by grants from the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province (Grants No BK20180224) and Natural Science Foundation for Young Scientists of Jiangsu Province (Grant No. BK20160362).

For the geographically impaired, I offer Google maps.

Jiangsu Province

I have only heard of this conspiracy theory after my mother showed me a video about it on Tic Tok I believe. And this thread. She told me I should look into it, and I also thought it was quite interesting that no one is testing their feed after making such big claims. I will definitely be watching for results. We had noticed a severe decline in egg production this winter that’s worse than we have ever experienced before. I get and average of one egg every couple of weeks(and that is stretching it) now since November/December. We use Purina feed. We have 4 birds that I believe are around 3 years old. I am not surprised about them not laying, but I am surprised about not getting eggs from my ten Jersey Giants(which I know are not the most prolific layers) that we got around March of last year. Before they stopped laying, we had an average of 3-4 eggs a day.
Sorry for the long post.

Thank you all for opening my eyes. Ill go put my foil hat back on then I guess. Didn’t mean to start a whole other debate. Everyone should be asking questions.
I agree.

They should. Rather than simply reposting what someone else said.

Hey, I read that "Study said X". Does anyone have a link to the study? or does it really say that? SO and so said eating egg protects you from COVID according to study X. Does it really say that?"

Questions. We are happy to help. Huge knowledge base here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom